PDA

View Full Version : stalling again.....

Oopsgreg96
04-01-2004, 19:10
my 96 single rear wheel 4x4 6.5TD ran good for about two months, started stalling, a friend of mine is truck mechanic where i work, he replaced the fuel module and a few other truck related things. ran good for 6000 miles and now stalling again. I first got this truck it had 168000 miles on it, and if you gased it, it would put your head into the back window. now very low power no pickup and go. other day stalled three times before i got it home, first time, started rite up, second time had to wait about ten minutes, third, ten more, thank goodness i wasnt too far away.. I worried that its a reoccuring fuel module again, bought one already from dealer in bennington vermont, still has one year warr. B & A Diesel up in Corinth, NY also come up with vac pump not working, can that be my low power? what about the stalling, not to sure, will let you know later..

thanks for a great site

Greg

tom.mcinerney
04-01-2004, 20:27
Greg, the best responses to 6.5L electronic engine problems are found in the "6.5L" forum, not this "Ask Dr Lee " forum. I'd try it over there.
Loss of vacuum means no turbo boost, run rich, run hot, low power. Find if prob vac pump, hoses, controller, etc. May also have clogged fuel filter. At this mileage give a good cleaning cooling system radiators.
A forum post is OK, but two other things to try
are at the "Members Area"[menu over banner advertisement by top page; you'll need a password after you click there to access the info there].
At Members area scrool down to "Topics", click on, "Solutions for 1994 or newer 6.5TD Stalling ".
After read that, goto "Reference section"; click on "The 6.2L/6.5L Diesel Troubleshooting Guide:".
These will set foundation.