PDA

View Full Version : Code 18 and Hard Starting

Paul and Sue
04-25-2004, 05:57
All winter had hard starting, there were leaks on top of the sending unit so my mechanic fixed this and replaced the fuel tank it was starting to rust out. Thought the hard starting was due to this. Now he has it all back together service engine lite is on code 18. Any ideas? Could it be the sensor fuel temp/cam position? Can this be easily changed? Thoughts?

CleviteKid
04-25-2004, 07:47
Welcome to TheDieselPage.com. In this Forum I address all kinds of general questions on diesels, and specific questions on pre-computer trucks, that is 1993 and earlier. My own ride is a 1984 C-10 with a couple of tweaks to it, and the oldest non-turbo trucks are my specialty.

We have model-specific forums for 6.2L and 6.5LTD engines, and your question sounds like it might belong in the 6.5LTD Forum. I stay as far away from computer-controlled trucks as possible, and can't help with any "codes" that the computerized trucks may display.

If you repost your question in the 6.5LTD Forum, be sure to note the year and model of your truck, including the transmission, to help the experts there address your situation.

Welcome aboard, Dr. Lee :cool: