PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Brakes for the Duramax

abrooks
04-27-2004, 23:53
I am new to this forum so bear with me if I am at the wrong place for this posting. Has anyone installed an exhaust brake on a Duramax? Is there any adjustments that have to be made to any component after the installation? Can you make a recommendation on which brake I should purchase? I.e. Banks, D-Celerator, BD-Brake, etc.

Spindrift
04-28-2004, 04:23
AB,

I think your question might get more exposure if you post it on the DMax Forum.

Good luck.

CleviteKid
04-28-2004, 05:17
Hello AHB, and welcome to TheDieselPage.com.

At the 2002 DieselPage Rendezvous in British Columbia, we visited the home of BD and saw first-hand the engineering that went into their product. We have members using the BD brake, and others using the Banks brake, and I believe most of them are pretty satisfied.

But please, drop down to the Duramax-specific Forums, use the search function for "exhaust brake", and start reading. In the Duramax 6600 Forum, I got 45 links using the search.

Dr. Lee :cool:

abrooks
04-29-2004, 18:51
Thanks for the info. I went to the other forum and got more information than I ever would have expected.

CleviteKid
04-30-2004, 11:41
AHB, you are quite welcome. By the way, the Blue Angels are in Ft Lauderdale for tbe Air and Sea Show this weekend, and half the Blue Angels pilots are Marine Corps pilots ! ! Semper Fi ! ! !

Dr. Lee :cool:

abrooks
04-30-2004, 19:38
Dr. Lee,

Well we are a part of the Navy and as far as I am concerned Navy corpsman and Seabees are Marines.

Blue Angels are an awesome bunch of guys who love to fly. I live about 45 miles South of Seattle which has this huge lake called Lake Washington. Now every summer Seattle has this week long event called Seafair where we have the hydroplane races on the lake and the Blue Angels do there thing over the Lake. It's awsome.

Semper Fi!

abrooks
04-30-2004, 19:46
I called the dealer I bought my Duramax from and they are a Bank's dealer. So I ordered the Bank's exhaust brake. Some how I think this brake will work well with the Duramax and the Allison based on my research. Hopefully next week I will have it installed.

I would do the work myself, used to be a diesel mechanic in the late 60's, but a little trip to Viet Nam ended that occupation. Now I work in Information Technology. I still love to watch a good mechanic work. Brings a smile to my face.