PDA

View Full Version : Good thinkin' Sub!

Gozo
10-03-2005, 07:21
I would like to see two branches of the forum - one devoted to the manufacture/conversion of SVO and WVO oil into biodiesel and another devoted to issues related to vehicles and engines burning the fuel.

After reading and following posts on other forums devoted to making biodiesel I am fairly convinced that it is a good, viable alternative to dinodiesel. On the other hand, I'm also seeing mixed results with specific engines and parts configurations when burning either straight or blended product. This is where I think the most value is to the followers of this forum. The Chevrolet diesel's we run are far different than the Mercedes straight 5 or an older Perkins generator engine. I'd like to see specific fuel product specs, blend percentages and results related to running the fuels in the 6.2, 6.5 and Duramax engines.

What do you all think?

moondoggie
10-03-2005, 07:39
Good Day!

You might want to consider posting this on the Members Forum, or writing More Power an email directly. Dr. Lee's a real understanding guy & will answer most anything we post; personally, I like to keep this foum for the really basic but difficult generic diesel questions. ;)
You may, in fact, notice that he requests that we address questions directly to him, from which he'll select the ones he will answer; he starts the topic himself. Don't feel bad for missing this - I was a member a number of years before I noticed it. :D

Blessings!

Subzilla
10-03-2005, 08:35
See MP's response under the Member's section, "biodiesel section".