PDA

View Full Version : Turbo question

big83diesel
05-04-2004, 21:39
I have recently come across a gm-7 turbo, but I can't seem to find any information on it. I need to find gasgets, oil lines, Flanges, and all kinds of other info. I am installing this on an 83' 6.2 vin code c. Any information on where I can find out anything would really help. I am stuck on this installation without some help, so please HELP!!!

gmctd
05-05-2004, 03:26
Dr. Lee is, sadly, turboless. By choice. ;)

But, if you'll head down to your local dealer, tell him you need the band-clamp, he can print out a pictorial of the turbo and needed items.

Or, go to a local boneyard, where everything can be picked up at a fraction of new cost

And, if you have some free time, surf over to the Album in Dr Lee's signature to see what a choice ride he drives.....

grape
05-05-2004, 09:57
www.proturbokits.com (http://www.proturbokits.com) everything you could ever need.

big83diesel
05-07-2004, 10:24
BAD NEWS, I FOUND OUT THAT THE TURBO IS FOR MARINE APPLICATIONS. I WENT TO THE DEALER TO GET A PRINTOUT, AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS OFF OF A BOAT. ANY SUGGESTIONS? ANYBODY, HELP!!!!

britannic
05-09-2004, 20:54
It might not matter that much, you could always get a turbo shop to rework to suit your truck.

Otherwise, consider buying a Holset from a 1993 Cummins, they put out lower boost levels with a larger turbine housing.

The WH1C and HX35W would also work and they have wastegates, plus all of the Dodge turbos can be found for under $300 in reasonable shape on eBay.