PDA

View Full Version : Buy my Banks for Dr. Lee

grape
05-05-2004, 19:28
my less than 6K mile kit is now in the classifieds, everybody needs to pitch in and donate to the "get Lee a turbo fund"

CleviteKid
05-12-2004, 09:35
Sorry, Grape.

My fans all know that I would not take a turbo for my truck even as a gift. ;)

Good luck selling yours to someone who needs it. As I have written many times:

* From a thermodynamic perspective, ALL diesel engines should be turbocharged, and

* If you are towing or hauling heavy loads up steep hills, you really should have a turbo to do it correctly.

Which reminds me -- Hey, Arveetek, how is the turbocharging project coming on your truck? Or does the F**d do all the heavy hauling, so the Chevy has an easier life smile.gif ? ? ?

Dr. Lee :cool:

grape
05-12-2004, 19:55
every internal combustion engine should be turbocharged. Always amazes me to watch my buddys' 331" small block ford make 1800 hp with one turbo.

gskurka
05-13-2004, 20:36
Is the turbo still available? I assume it's for a 6.2L. What's the asking price?

dieselcrawler
05-14-2004, 05:33
Click on the classifed ad link at the top of the page, then click on the 'parts' link... you'll fine his ad there... compleat with price, and a good deal at that from what I can tell from watching e-bay.

DieselCrawler

grape
05-14-2004, 09:59
appears to be sold, guess I need to e-mail MP.

arveetek
05-18-2004, 06:45
Originally posted by CleviteKid:
Hey, Arveetek, how is the turbocharging project coming on your truck? Or does the F**d do all the heavy hauling, so the Chevy has an easier life smile.gif ? ? ?

Dr. Lee :cool: Well, the turbo project is finally coming together! I've been assembling the system piece by piece over the last 2.5 years. I didn't have a big budget, nor a whole lot of spare time. I plan to start installing the system in the next week or two. I have a Garrett turbocharger I purchased from an individual, which I believe came off an ATS system for a Ford 6.9/7.3L. I purchased a new Banks manifold, made an adapter to mount the turbo to the manifold, bought a like new 4" Kennedy muffler off another DP member, just bought a new Banks crossover pipe, purchased a brand new air filter assembly off ebay, along with some other various parts, and I'm having the pressure chamber made out of diamond tread plate here in the next few days.

I still need to pick up some 4" exhaust pipe, but that's about it.

I can't wait to see how she runs after this!

BTW....when I get this all done, I'll have my Swanger exhaust adapters to sell. I'd like another DP member to get them. They've worked great for the last three years.

Oh yes, as far as the Ford goes: it's my daily work truck, but my Chevy is my "good" truck. She does all the heavy hauling, including pulling my 29' fifth-wheel. I bet there's not too many people around who would strike out across country with an RV in tow with their 6.2L, while the Ford Power Stroke sits at home!

One good thing about the Ford: I've quit racking up the miles on my 6.2L. I've got about 110,000 miles on her now, after being rebuilt and installed in 1996. Now I only drive the '81 a few times a week.

Casey