PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION FOR TTPOST

BERT
11-25-2004, 11:38
HOW DID YOU BY PASS THE SHUTOFF SOLENOID IM PRETTY SURE THE PROBLEM IS THE COMP BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE SURE SO IF YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO BY PASS IT I CAN CHECK FOR SURE THANKS BERT

ttpost
11-26-2004, 13:59
my problem was the computer, i just hooked up a positive to one side of the lead and neg to the other and it opens the valve. the valve is what shuts off the fuel supply to kill the engine as i understand it. you may want to also check to see if you are getting proper voltage to it first, but mine showed voltage but it wasnt getting enough amperage so it wouldnt open. also you may want to unscrew it a little and see if fuel comes out. if needed i bought a rebuilt computer (delco remy) from cost less for 169.00. i went through 3 supposedly rebuilt computers that were cheap. come to find out they werent even tested, they by em from wrecking yards then throw a sticker on em and hope for the best. if you would like to call me you may @ 503-257-5106 ask for rob. i might be able to talk you through what i did to get mine running goodluck

ttpost
12-01-2004, 11:56
Did you try and call, i got what sounded like a call from new york, but couldnt tell, my business hours are from 10-7 west coast time i will be here all day today but not on thurs or sat. did you get it running?

BERT
12-03-2004, 22:11
YES I GOT IT RUNNUNG THE PMD HARNESS FAILED WHERE IT PLUGS IN THE PMD THE WIRES PULLED OUT OF THE PINS AND THE WEATHER PACK WAS HOLDING THEM IN PLACE SO WHEN I TOOK THE WEATHER PACK OUT THE WIRES FELL OUT SODERED A NEW CONECTOR IN PLACE AND WORKS FINE NOW THANKS BERT