PDA

View Full Version : Used turbo

Dezman125
12-31-2003, 11:00
Hi
I have found a used banks turbo system about 250 miles from my town.Can anyone help me on what parts i should be looking for?It was pulled with engin from a 86 sub,engin was using water.
Also i have the heads of my 90 6.2.Is there anything i can do while i have the heads off to prep the engin for a turbo?
Thanks

C.K. Piquup
01-25-2004, 05:16
Check valve seats&guides for wear,machine(or at least check)head/block mating surfaces,and use Felpro`s latest gaskets.You`ll be good to go.Oh yeah,check for"blow-by".I have swollen glow plugs and I`m about to do the same thing(240,000mi.).Let me know if you don`t buy that.250miles is nothing added to the trip from Maryland.Har-Har.

Dezman125
01-25-2004, 09:11
Hi CK
I did go get the engin. Turns out it had a ATS turbo system.I made the deal anyhow.I traded a old chev citation for it,to be used for ice racing.Got it home alittle disapointed about it not being a banks. :( No one talks about the ATS here. :confused:
The heads are usable one has the normal crackes,and one has none,but the turbo is in need of rebuild,the fins are chewed.
Now i might try my hand at building my own system using the manifold from the ATS.
Anyone have a MHI TE06H?
Or any suggestions?
Thanks

grape
01-25-2004, 15:01
banks and hype.......just ask anybody who's spent $3000 on a powerstroke to get all of banks hot rod stuff just so they could get blown away by a guy with a $500 chip in the same truck. Trust me......I'm betting you are better off with the ATS.