PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Engine

GaryC
07-26-2003, 07:11
I'm looking at both Peninsular and Avant engines.I called Peninsular and received a price over the phone,they were very helpful.I called Avant and talked to Jamie and I'm still waiting on a price.I need to have the engine installed because of a accident I was involved in and I can't do it myself so I was leaning more towards Avant.The so called mechanics in my area scare me.The search I did on the forum had so good information on both companies, but has any thing changed that I should know about?
I want as much power and protection as I can get and still use my electronic pump.The engine tows good that I have now but the egt can get up to 1200 very quickly and I need to back out of it while towing in the Rockies and also I would like to keep up with this stock Ford I camp with.I run about 12lbs. of boost w/Bill H. boost controler and Kennedy high pop injectors.
Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

D'Max_2_DA_Max
07-26-2003, 18:40
Avant was and is my choice!! Benny & Jaime are the best!! I had them put the sleeves in my 6.2 heads, new head gaskets, timing gear drive , water pump and non-egr intake. Plus, Benny diagnosed a really difficult problem I had that we couldn't figure out. It turned out my frame was cracked behind the steering box which caused a sound that was like an exaggerated diesel rattle. So when I pulled the engine to fix the frame they did my engine work! It has run perfect since and I really like the sound of the gear drive!! :cool: :cool:

I also sent my buddy with a E350 Furd van and they did him real right too, so it ain't just the 6.2/5's it them!! People are everything!! :D :D :D

GaryC
08-02-2003, 17:53
Thanks for the reply DMAX.It looks like Avant is the place I will have the work done.