PDA

View Full Version : What will we get?

ledfoot777
06-06-2004, 17:11
We have a 4500 crew cab, Dmax/Allison that was assembled the week of 24 May! It is now on engineering hold but we do expect in the pacific north west in the next couple weeks!
The Qs are regarding the Duramax.

1/ will it have the revised (e.g. injectors outside the rocker covers) heads?
2/ Will it have the variable pitch turbo?
What other internal changes were there to the revised engine?
3/ will if have an EGR? (being a non CA over 8500 GVW vehicle)
4/ Will it have some sort of soot &/or catalytic device?
5/ what will the rated horsepower be? & at what RPM?
6/ What will the rated torque be? and at what RPM?
R.S.V.P.
Regards,
Joe S. Schreier [EMAIL]ledfoot777@peoplepc.com

CleviteKid
06-07-2004, 05:39
Congrats on a great new truck, but you posted your questions on the wrong Forum. I admire the Duramax trucks, but know next to nothing about them. Try the Members Duramax Forum.

Dr. Lee :cool:

C.K. Piquup
06-14-2004, 16:35
These are questions your dealer should be able to answer.If they can`t,I`d suggest they aren`t qualified to sell the truck and at least should only keep a small commission and pay you the balance for answering these questions for them,eh?

ledfoot777
06-14-2004, 17:11
With the total lack of any replies from 8 forums that address the questions with specifics I find it humous that some big-guy tells me how I should deal, well pilgrim after 71 years I dare say you would find it hard to beat a FOB cost deal on a 6 month waiting list spec rig!! Answer the questions if your so brilliant or be gone!!
Joe S. Schreier SAE/STS/Q&R RETIRED

:confused: ledfoot777@peoplepc.com

CleviteKid
06-14-2004, 17:28
Hey Joe,

I saw partial answers to your questions on other Forums, so you did not get ZERO. And, we answer the questions that we can, as accurately as we can. Not very many posters on these Forums shoot their computers off with no real facts.

And CK was just expressing frustration with dealers that finance anyone to buy anything, but don't actually know the product they are selling. He was not trying to tell you how to buy your truck - no one here would be that presumptuous.

When you get your Medium Duty truck, I hope you will post in the Members Duramax Forum about what it is like and how it performs. Many of us will be jealous of your REAL TRUCK.

moondoggie
06-16-2004, 08:33
Good Day!

Joe S. Schreier SAE/STS: It

ledfoot777
06-16-2004, 14:27
I apprecaite the fact that this is an all volenter forum, the problum has been and is that I have the origonal 6 Q's that after searching as many of the Genrals W-pages, Dlr Info. encluding a heavy duty commercial down to 4500 stores computer I have come up with no more model specific answers (GMC's commercial sight still shows the LRY with the added comment that complies with 04 emission mandaits!
I have good advice that the truck will be in north central WA this Friday or Saturday, it left Flint on a flat bed on the 13. (ordered Jan 17)
So before it goes to the upfitter for the custom flat-bed,much side & top storage, set up to pull anything (B&W turn over ball for Goose necks and there 5th wheel setup)
We will look under the hood e.g. EGR and exposed injecter? under the truck for a cat? etc. as well as getting the owner manual to read.
By the end of next week I guess I will be the resident MDT drip under pressure.
We will see,
Joe S. ledfoot777@peoplep :rolleyes: c.com

CleviteKid
06-17-2004, 06:12
Hi Joe,

I know you are anxious to get your new truck, get it customized to your specs, and get it on the road. And I want to thank you for sticking with us, and understanding that a major reason for this website and these Forums is the General Motors is not as cooperative as we would all like. So we have banded together to help each other.

We look forward to your continued reports on the Medium Duty, and to you becoming the resident expert on the big cousin to our pickups, Blazers and 'Burbs. (And Jimmy's, too, if they have a diesel engine !) (And 2-door Tahoes, and anyone else who thinks I overlooked them :rolleyes: .)

C.K. Piquup
06-17-2004, 18:53
Just getting back to this.Joe,nothing was directed towards you in my post.I just feel the dealer should have a responsibility here as the seller and representative of the manufacturer to fully answer all your questions or find out what they don`t know.They should want to know the answers as professional business people.As you`ve seen,the Duramax & Medium-Duty forums have lower traffic,as they should.These are all relatively new trucks with way fewer service issues at this point.Also,fairly well supported by dealers,as they are the current models and largely still under warranty.Sorry if I offended you.I hoped the"eh?"at the end would have lightened my comments up.

CleviteKid
06-18-2004, 04:37
OK, we all agree that we are all fine people with only each other's best interests at heart. smile.gif

So let's get back to writing about TRUCKS ! ! !