PDA

View Full Version : High idle circuit / poor man's cruise control?

markrinker
06-28-2004, 05:13
I seem to recall a thread on this. Was wondering if you have any info on a simple underdash circuit controled by a dash mounted button or potentiometer that would allow for setting a high idle and also act as a simple cruise control, all deactivated by the brake light switch?

NH2112
06-28-2004, 14:52
Sounds like you could use a 5-pole Bosch relay with the "cruise" circuit powered by the normally closed terminal, and a wired teed in from the stoplight switch to pull in the relay's coil when you step on the brakes. I may be wrong here, since I don't have any experience with 94-ups (or anything beyond basic electronics), but I'd think a pot with the same values as the APP could be used to fool the pump (PCM, or whatever the APP controls.) Use diodes in the feed coming from both the APP and the "cruise" pot to keep them from backfeeding one another. I wish I could post my doodle paper here, it might make more sense!

CareyWeber
06-29-2004, 03:14
Originally posted by Mark Rinker:
I seem to recall a thread on this. Was wondering if you have any info on a simple underdash circuit controled by a dash mounted button or potentiometer that would allow for setting a high idle and also act as a simple cruise control, all deactivated by the brake light switch? Mark,

On the 94 and up 6.5 the high idle is canceled when the brake is applied, the trany is in gear, and the throttle is applied.

If you can cruise in netural then you could do it, but 1600rpm is as fast as she turns in high idle.

Carey

gmctd
06-30-2004, 08:22
Cruising in neutral seems like an excellent way to save wear and tear on drivetrain, tires, brakes, etc, wouldn't you think? ;)

CareyWeber
06-30-2004, 13:17
Originally posted by gmctd:
Cruising in neutral seems like an excellent way to save wear and tear on drivetrain, tires, brakes, etc, wouldn't you think? ;) Georgey Overdrive :D :D