PDA

View Full Version : runaway

ebell
01-19-2004, 08:41
dr.lee
my truck is a 95 2500 6.5 turbo.all is fine but speed control is very touchy at highway speeds.in nutural the rpm's will runaway if you try to rev it up,you cannot hold the rpm's say at 2000 to 2500.at this point it will runaway .the dealer cannot or don't know why.it run's like a top but i think this problem of surging back and forth will hurt the trany.
thanks
ed ebell@ev1.net

moondoggie
01-19-2004, 09:24
Good Day!

You might want to post your question on the 6.5L Turbo Diesel forum. Dr. Lee knows all, but he doesn't own a truck like yours - his is a 1984 C10 with probably the nicest 6.2 ever built. If you post in the 6.5L Turbo Diesel forum, there are a few thousand of us who will see your topic, & hopefully help. ;)

You might also want to click on "my profile" & let us know what year, etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. smile.gif

Your problem: got any codes? Does it do this using the footfeed, but work fine on cruise? If so, I guess I'd look at throttle position sensor (funny name for a vehicle that doesn't have a throttle).

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

CleviteKid
01-19-2004, 16:43
Hey Brian,

Thanx for looking our for me, and directing our correspondents to the proper Forums. I almost feel like you are the Bouncer outside the exclusive nightspot that everyone wants to enter - - - but they have to get by you first !!

Dr. Lee ;)

Turbine Doc
01-19-2004, 22:13
Brian don't know about early years, but in my 98 GM manual no TPS except gassers but a APP (accelerator pedal position) module Diesel fits description of fault as you say. Drive by wire sensor tells the PCM voltage vs the pedal position for proper fuel request at given load.

Ebel loss of speed control in neutral is intriguing, do you have speed control in park, if so maybe a problem in tranny TCC feedback circuit, locking & unlocking torque converter. repost in 6.5 as Brian says maybe somebody there with some more better know-how.