PDA

View Full Version : no power 6.2

laidback383
07-14-2004, 15:42
i have a 88 gmc with a 6.2 with 189,000 miles and no power when i put the trailer behind it it also has 3.73 gears im at the end if a long chain i can smell fuel bad if the truck sits i have changed fuel filters air filters i know a turbo would help but i want to see it do some real work for me before i spend the money any comments and help would be great i would hate to pull the 6.2 and drop a gas motor but im to that point help i could use it i can do almost any thing with some direction thanks

CleviteKid
07-21-2004, 05:01
A compression test would be a good test to determine the basic health of this engine. The fuel smell could be as simple as bad fuel return hoses on the injectors.

Check out the on-line troubleshooting manual in the Members Area: CLICK HERE FOR GUIDE. (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/guide.htm)

This can give you a lot of help getting your engine running right. Then for more power without a turbo, check the article on my CUSTOM GM DIESEL ENGINE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/avanteng.htm) for tuning tips.

Let us know how you make out.

Dr. Lee :cool:

laidback383
08-12-2004, 17:24
thanks ill look in to all that this weekend ill have to get a adaptor for my compression tester i found a deal at my local parts store car quest 45.00 a pc. for reman injectors any dos or donts

tloomis
08-17-2004, 12:02
Is your compression tester for gassers? Compression on the Diesel should be in excess of 320PSI. Best to get an adapter to test compression at the glow plug. Just follow the toruble shooting guide on the diesel page. Injectors for $45.00 a piece is not a great deal. You can get them from kennedydiesel.com for $35.00 (NA52x)long body and 37.50 (NA56x) short body. Depends on type your engine has.

laidback383
08-20-2004, 12:14
you guys have been a great help a buddy of mines dads come to town and lending me his tester mine only gose to 300psi but i at least have that for now i also bought a j code intake to put on justa little unsure what to do with my egr stuff what to do with it once its on pluged once more thank