PDA

View Full Version : Propane & Nitrous Oxide

Ratau
08-15-2004, 23:06
Dr. Lee

Are you willing to give some info on your Nitrous Oxide and Propane setup yet?

From previous topics I came to the conclusion to use Propane injection on NA engines is debatable but using it together with Nitrous Oxide sound to be the way to go.

Danie

CleviteKid
08-16-2004, 13:10
Hi Danie,

Since you asked so politely . . . .

For every pound of nitrous oxide you add, you can burn 1/10 pound of propane. So after adding enough nitrous oxide to take care of the unburned diesel fuel at full power ( which takes 3 to 5 pounds per minute of nitrous oxide ) you can start adding more nitrous and propane at the aforementioned 10 to 1 ratio.

I introduce the propane as a liquid, same as the nitrous oxide. Since the molecular weights are the same, but the pressures are a factor of seven different at any given temperature, I am estimating that any given nitrous jet will flow liquid propane at 1/7 the rate that that jet will flow liquid nitrous oxide.

Stay tuned for further details and performance data.

Dr. Lee :D

Ratau
08-18-2004, 21:27
Dr. Lee

Is this your own design or did it come in kit form? I got in hand solenoid valves and regulators to use if needed.

Danie

CleviteKid
08-19-2004, 13:46
Yes, and Yes.

I used a kit to get some parts, and bought other parts individually. From my research, I only wanted to use good quality nitrous oxide specific parts. In particular, the solenoid valves need to be of high quality to reliably handle the pressure.

Wait for the article for more details. It is in the works . . . . .

Dr. Lee :cool: