PDA

View Full Version : 8 Month old FSD

eracers999
08-01-2004, 15:30
I have no problems with my remote FSD mounted to a big heat sink behind the bumper, when checked with a raytech infared it is always 2 deg hotter than ambient temp, pretty darn good. Truck running great. So after reading all the posts on tightening the transistor screws, that had been nagging at me because the FSD is 8 mos old today. So today i checked the screws, i couldent believe how loose they were. Ill bet that everybodys screws are loose unless they have checked them. This will be somthing that i do every 6 mos. Maybe i just thwarted a FSD failure.
Kent

Scooby
08-02-2004, 06:56
I know I have some loose screws- but I dont know about the FSD on my truck :D . Do you have to dig the potting material out to check ???

Marty Lau
08-02-2004, 09:11
Hey Scooby,
Just remove the PMD/FSD and look on the back side there is 4 screws there and I don't remember the inch lbs they are to be tourqued too. They seem to self loosen with thermo changes over time.

Cowracer
08-02-2004, 09:13
My transistors had plasic covers on them. They pop right off with a screwdriver

Tim

Barry Nave
08-04-2004, 02:59
After reading this post I pulled the FSD and got 3/4 turns on all for :cool:

rjschoolcraft
08-05-2004, 05:55
Back in March, I installed a new Beta FSD cooler and FSD. The new FSD had loose screws out of the box! I tightened each a quarter turn.

Marty Lau
08-05-2004, 10:21
Originally posted by ronniejoe:
Back in March, I installed a new Beta FSD cooler and FSD. The new FSD had loose screws out of the box! I tightened each a quarter turn. Ron;
I don't remember where did you mount the cooler on the Suburban???

rjschoolcraft
08-05-2004, 13:34
In front of the driver's side battery according to JK's instructions.