PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Open House 2004 Updated 6-16-04

Kennedy
05-25-2004, 13:34
We will be limiting to a handful of trucks for Saturday and doing more of a laid back hands on approach where we try a few of the various tuners/modules and see how they compare. I've got a pretty good selection of demo stuff. After seeing how "old" it seems to get after seeing so many different trucks run on a dyno in succession, I kinda thought a fresh approach was in order. This would give time to explain some of the test method, and what the results mean. I'm sure we'd also want to strap my truck down for a 600+ HP run as well.

Eric and I are looking at quite probably doing an Allison upgrade as well on Saturday. Eric would do the job, and we'd break away and observe him install the upgrades once he had the trans removed...

I'm hoping to have an Allison on a stand to tear down, as well as a transmission kit to show the various components available.

Should have my "magic" pump circulating fuel in a tank by then as well.

Should be at least 2 GM technicians in attendance. Not sure if Dennis will get his hands dirty, but Eric will be doing some dirty work...

Directions from Loyal WI

Take Cty K south of Loyal just about 1 mile. Where K curves west, you drop off fwd onto gravel. Take a left at the yield sign and you are on 26 rd. I'm just over the hill on RH side. Big trees, tan/green buildings. We're going to plan to park in the field BEFORE the buildings.

Map/picture: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/loyal_mod.jpg

Or: N44

Amianthus
05-26-2004, 08:04
Well, being that noone would want to watch me run at a Bowtie event, I would volunteer to hook and unhook trucks. Although, the 19th and 20th I won't be able to help. Got family obligations (my cousin is being shipped to Iraqistan).

Hope it works out for ya.

Runaway
05-27-2004, 13:56
John, if you need help let me know. I'm going on vacation the last half of June, just haven't carved in rock what day I am leaving.

Vince

Aaron, if you showed up wearing a "bowtie," maybe John would let ya :D

Kennedy
05-28-2004, 05:03
Vince,

Looks like I may be needing a brat chef!

That or you can have Keith's assignment from the K&S day: Crawling under and strapping down... ;)

moondoggie
06-03-2004, 06:52
Good Day!
</font> Is this a two day event?</font> Do you have any kind of schedule of events?</font> Is there a campground folks will be using, or is everyone that's coming close enough to go home at night, or?????</font> Will you be updating this topic in one of the forums (The Diesel Page Rendezvous & Events, Light-Truck Diesel Events & Rallies) or both? In other words, where do we check for the latest info? (I posted this in both forums/topics.)</font>Hope I get to come!

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

Kennedy
06-03-2004, 07:28
First post in this thread is being revised as we go.

This will be a simple event. Some will be here as early as Friday, and staying till Sunday.

I'm working on getting an acre or two of the neighbor's grazing pasture for the weekend.

I keep getting distracted, but intended to post the details sooner:

Lodging/local details:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/lodging.htm

Some of these are a bit away (20-30 miles) so if you have any questions call or email.

moondoggie
06-03-2004, 08:36
Good Day!

Sorry for all the trouble (I know that darn work keeps getting in the way), but does there seem to be one of these campgrounds that most of the DP folks are using? Might as well stay there.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

Kennedy
06-03-2004, 10:59
So whaddya guys think about Saturday PM eating arrangements? Should we just cook out, or should we plan on eating out at the Palms? The Palms has excellent Prime Rib! It's about a 45 minute drive, but well worth the drive IMHO. I'd have to reserve tha back room so I'd need to know.

We could make say 6pm reservations and be back around 8pm to sit around and BS etc....

I guess in all reality, I really should ask for a private email from those attending along with a note as to the details of the gear you are toting and numbers attending. Please put "KD Open House" in the subject line.

moondoggie
06-09-2004, 03:46
Good Day!

Do you mean the Palms Supper Club in Merrillan?

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

Kennedy
06-09-2004, 10:07
Actually Hatfield.

The logistics may suck for this and we may just do cookout. At this point, I haven't received much interest in the Palms deal so we may just keep the grills cooking.

May stick around local and take a stroll down to the swamp to goof off in the mud with the ATV's...

Brandenburg
06-11-2004, 10:28
May stick around local and take a stroll down to the swamp to goof off in the mud with the ATV's...
Are you allowing your guests to bring along any ATVs or trials bikes? :D

Kennedy
06-11-2004, 11:41
If you think you can master the Wooly Swamp, go for it!

MAV
06-12-2004, 06:04
If Eric is doing a 5 finger discount on labor charges, put me down for a Trans-Go install. I have my deep pan and filters already and Eric should remember to bring my Transynd. Trans-Go is what...$350-$400....

Kennedy
06-12-2004, 16:20
Transgo on it's own won't get you much. Hardly worth the R&R labor.

Eric will be doing a Suncoast III install, tentativley on a 2004 LLY Dmax.

Should have a Dmax there to dyno and document severe transmission slippage as well...

Kennedy
06-16-2004, 10:46
Map from Loyal: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/loyal_mod.jpg

Now have EGT, Boost, Fuel lift, and transmission main psi logging capabilities on the Superflow dyno!

Soon to have fuel rail psi logging capabilities!

Amianthus
06-16-2004, 11:14
Originally posted by kennedy:
Soon to have fuel rail psi logging capabilities! Wonderful. :rolleyes: I can't wait to plug it in on my truck. ;)

Kennedy
06-16-2004, 17:54
I'm set to map rail psi! With a little work, I can map most any analog voltage from a sensor in real time right with the power...

I've got a channel set up to measure fuel supply psi also.

moondoggie
06-21-2004, 06:22
Good Day!

Thanks so much to John & the others that made this a very successful Open House. I had a great weekend. John, the 1st time you hit that nitrous switch I almost soiled myself.

The food was great, the people were fun to talk to, the weather complied. Pretty hard to beat.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044

Kennedy
06-21-2004, 08:01
Psst, don't tell anybody, but we're thinking of doing it again in late summer/fall. All that leftover food frozen away...

Doug Richter
06-22-2004, 13:40
Heck tell everybody! And this time make aovernighter out of it with a DJ and break that nice new shop in correctly!
Let'em know well in advance so we can plan better for it and I can stay longer. I always like playing in other peoples shops, so much kewl stuff to get into.

Cannonball

BTW Will that nice fuel pump of yours work on gasoline too??? What is the service life of it?

Doug Richter
06-22-2004, 13:42
Heck tell everybody! And this time make an overnighter out of it with a DJ and break that nice new shop in correctly!
Let'em know well in advance so we can plan better for it and I can stay longer. I always like playing in other peoples shops, so much kewl stuff to get into.

Cannonball

BTW Will that nice fuel pump of yours work on gasoline too??? What is the service life of it?

Kennedy
06-23-2004, 09:11
Doug,

Thought about music, but never acted. Thought about moving my Yamaha out to the new building, but then it works pretty good to open the windows in the house and let it blast! The 15" sub you set me up with along with the 15's in my main speakers...

I suppose a guy could cable the speakers, sub, and CD player out to the shop and leave that heavy old Yami in the rack...

ACTUALLY needed aprojector so people wouldn't stand in front of my monitor.

We ran trucks/shop BS till midnight though, so not much time for "noise"

That pump should work with gasoline, but only has a 40,000hr life. It won't prime itself though.