PDA

View Full Version : Grand Rapids, MI Diesel day in August

dmaxalliTech
06-25-2003, 20:40
Those of you who were at our Diesel lunch a few months ago and who ever else wants to come, Planning another gettogather in August, would like to get more people togather this time. Planning on a weekend date for convienence. Any body interested?

mtomac
06-25-2003, 22:31
don't make it the 3rd or 4th weekend in August if you can help it

A good time and place for a GTG is the DHRA race at US131 MSP on Saturday July 19th

urcndust
06-26-2003, 07:14
Let me know what dates you are thinking of, I'd like to try and make it. I'm out of town the 2nd week of August.

dmaxalliTech
06-27-2003, 13:39
that would be a good place Mike, but logistically its too soon to plan :( Besides, I am busy that weekend :(

Would Sep be better? I would like to get as many people as possible, B-B que would be nice, we gotta outdo the CT boys!!

WillowCreekStable
07-01-2003, 12:35
Ummmmmm, a doable extended weekend road trip from here. I

dmaxalliTech
07-02-2003, 14:52
Sounds like Sep is a winner for most. I will gather up some camping info etc for out of towners.

Brandenburg
07-04-2003, 11:13
I would come in September if it isn't Wheatland weekend, I also have a hog roaster.....

DieselSport
07-07-2003, 13:18
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
that would be a good place Mike, but logistically its too soon to plan :( Besides, I am busy that weekend :(

Would Sep be better? I would like to get as many people as possible, B-B que would be nice, we gotta outdo the CT boys!! Nothing to plan, everyone is camping at the Schnable Lake Family Campgrounds July 18th-20th, doesn't have to be an official GTG for you all, but come on out, those that can make it, racing is open to everyone, whether you are a DHRA member or not.

dmaxalliTech
07-07-2003, 17:55
brandenburg:

I would come in September if it isn't Wheatland weekend, I also have a hog roaster.....

hmmm, now we are talking, when is "wheatland weekend"?

mackin
07-07-2003, 19:41
Would Sep be better? I would like to get as many people as possible, B-B que would be nice, we gotta outdo the CT boys!! [/QB]Good luck we's a rowdy bunch .....

But,

Cold beer and some TNA and I'm trucking due West .....OH Yea !!!!! How far away am I ???

Mac
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

dmaxalliTech
07-08-2003, 05:16
Your close enough to come. Dont know time wise, load up your rig with ct boys and come on out!!

Brandenburg
07-08-2003, 17:11
Wheatland is weekend after labor day.

Hartford is 830 through PA OH, about 40 less through Canada but the border sucks. ;)

dmaxalliTech
07-08-2003, 21:14
Brandenburg, you serious on the pig roaster? I am trying to talk mgmt into some small give aways to those who come. Maybe a deep pan kit or something?!?

MadDuraMax
07-09-2003, 15:00
Second week in Sept. sounds good! Have to get the west side stocked up on beer for Mack though. Now was that DNA or TNA ... :D

Brandenburg
07-09-2003, 18:01
I'm serious on the roaster we'd have to figure out something on the meat though, a hog would be way too much.

Second weekend in September would work for me.

Aaron

http://www.mudbogg.com/misc/Roaster.JPG

dmaxalliTech
07-09-2003, 20:38
Aaron, No worries mate, the dealership is buying food etc, just need a place to cook it!!

dmaxalliTech
07-11-2003, 22:05
Sep 13, 2003. Mark your calanders boys! Hog roast, give aways, good food, good conversation, good company, good technician!!

I hope all can make it that are around here, I can get some camping info for those that need it. Will have some fun for sure, I am trying to get some engineering types to come but not holding breath at this point. Hopefully will have an 04 by then for a show and drive for all who are interested..

dmaxalliTech
07-18-2003, 21:02
More plans made...

Over 1000.00 in parts to be given away. Service specials for the local croud, Extra discounts on new d-maxs for those in attendance, in case your lookin to trade up. Product demonstration on various power adders, Schaeffers oil demo. Tech-2 demo. Free programming updates for all in attendence.... I am still thinking of more things, anybody have ideas?

dmaxalliTech
07-30-2003, 14:31
^^^^^^

mackin
07-30-2003, 17:08
I am still thinking of more things, anybody have ideas?Feel like wrench'en ???

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

dmaxalliTech
07-31-2003, 20:37
If thats what its gonna take Mac....I suppose I could get dirty on a Saterday :eek:

mackin
08-02-2003, 22:01
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
If thats what its gonna take Mac....I suppose I could get dirty on a Saterday :eek: May have to start a caravan ........ Here that CT boys ??? Whatcha think clear the calendar for a few days and head out to Mich ??? I don't camp ...Motel 6 is camping to me ..... I sleep alone,well if the wifey don't go ......

Mac
;)

dmaxalliTech
08-03-2003, 20:39
Mac, hold that till October, things are getting moved around a bit, If you are serious about coming, I will reserve a block of rooms locally, with a bar in the lounge of course.. ;)