PDA

View Full Version : tranny roast and dyno show?

sdaver
07-27-2003, 05:43
so guys how did it go?.......got a C :D note in hand for the joker pics........bring us up to speed........what happened to the saturday post? :D dave

BlueOx03
07-27-2003, 06:49
It was a hot day, and after seeing the trucks on and off the dyno I'd say it was a HOT Juice day. After seeing and feeling a few different boxes, my money's going on the juice. Thanks to Mac, the D-Max/juice drug dealer it was a long ride home for me. He was nice enough to let me hook up the hot juice in the Ox and take it for a ride. I knew it would be good, but I had no idea. I was easy with the throttle, didn't floor it once and I could feel it, must be close to what a heroin fix feels like. I posted pics on my web shots page of Diesel Dragon's duel burn outs on hot juice. Impressive to say the least. I had the pleasure of sitting shotgun while he was laying them down, definitely addictive! Those ATS dual tail pipes are all around awesome as well, the look, the fit, and the sound, it's a total package. There were a couple of afe air cleaners there as well. The turbo whistle sounds sweet, not as load as I think it's made out to be. I think it's just right.
After seeing GMCTRUCK's truck I've putting my size 14 in my own butt. that allison is sweet for an auto, but can't touch the ZF6. If I had it to do over again, I'd be live'n with the cloth and shift'n myself.
Thanks to all who answered all my questions. Thanks to Mac for making my ride home soooo long. It was a great day with a great bunch of guys and great bunch of trucks.

TJ

heartbeatcanada
07-27-2003, 06:50
I think either one of 2 things happened #1 the local fuzz heard about this event and was keepin a watchful eye on them, waiting for one of them to do a burn out(mackin)or screw up and they did, now there roomin with bubba, #2 they are still waiting for joker????? :D

BlueOx03
07-27-2003, 07:16
I forgot to mention, no Joker! Anybody surprised?!!? It's safe to say joker's a dead and buried horse, time to move on and hope there's no more like him. Lets talk about D-max........

TJ

mackin
07-27-2003, 07:46
:D :D :D

Speaking of burners ,I left my mark in the drive way as perdicted ..... Never did get a dam pic ...

Jesse, well lets just say Handshacker madness,with a thread the needle finish ...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mac

[ 07-27-2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

mackin
07-27-2003, 07:49
Well Ladies

Broker obviously is a Joker ..... Nothing but a "Dispatch Wanna Be Queen."... I knew deep down he wouldn't show but gave him the opportunity .... So be done with him, her whatever, IMO ....

Thanks to all the showed up glad to of meet you ....Hope to see you all again ....

Man was it HOT .... Sitting in the truck on the rollers making final settings and setting up Tech II for a 30 seconds blast, sweaty ...

Good bear drinking weather ....

My numbers were dismal , I have issues .... ;)

I don't recall all of the numbers but RatDoc (Dude thanks for bringing the Tech II ) put down some decent numbers, he'll chime in once he gets his truck washed .... :eek:

Seen a 225 VA sputter,Jannetty brought up....

The 8.1 that came down dyno nothing compared to the diesel nonetheless nice looking truck ... May have been hindered by one or more factors, big tires come to mind ....

Dieseldragon did lay one mean burner three cheers with the HOT JUICE ... He dyno the VA 150(?),I'll let him tell it if he chooses ... Good looking truck he's been busy .... He ought a get some PICS up ...

Any hoo was fun, as always ... All the trucks looked great .... More should come out and meet and greet,when possible ....

The ride home, well lets say it was eventful .... I think My bud Bill will be looking car wash too....Ratdoc looking 97 speed limit defeat,too ...

It's a whole different subject, topic, that we'll keep amongst our selves, right BOYS ??

Where's my sponge ???

Take care ,brush your hair ....
Bill you wax ...Bill I need the last two Dyno number runs ,remember,bro ???
Call me later ,bud ....

I 'll send you guys some "The Mourning after PICS " later ....
Still afraid to go look ...

Eric thanks dude .... Ultimate Performance and Paint ....

Mac :D :D :D

[ 07-28-2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

GMCTRUCK
07-27-2003, 10:22
Was good seeing the boys again and meeting new members. That 8.1 truck was beautiful I would have liked to hear that thing on the dyno. Wanted to stay and see everyone run and maybe run myself but, I stretched it as long as I could. Sorry I got us (me) yelled at but, someone was laying on the peer pressure as usual. I know I missed the real fun though. Da..it. :mad:

[ 07-27-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]

RATDOC
07-27-2003, 11:26
An excellent day to say the least.........
always good doin' the hang with you guys, beer nice and COLD, trucks HOT,
and rubber PLENTIFULL................
a special thanks to Mac for the extra "entertainment" ;) .......cheers bud!!!
Washed the truck....finally...even had to stop a few times to chuckle!!! :D
Layed down some solid 420's/796's even with the lame a$$ 245's and HOT
weather.........not too bad considering she ain't broken in yet, and every run was
run against the factory speed limiter(yuk!!).
That speed limiter was just bumped to the front of my "to do" list BIG TIME!!!!
Must of been a funny sight for the other motorists seeing 4 huge trucks weaving
in and out of traffic at speeds "slightly" higher than posted limits..... :D :eek:
lets do it again soon!!!!
Tom

Diesel Dragon
07-27-2003, 19:33
Had a good time yesterday

It sure was a HOT juice kind of day.
To all those intrested I tried out my new Van AAken box. It is supposed to be a 90-150 horse box. But its not.
The 90 horse put down about 70 horse and the 150 horse setting only put down 114 hp and 211 ftlbs/torque.
I borrowed Mackin's HOT Juice and it put down its advertised hp claims.
I gained 127.8 hp and 275.3 ftlbs/torque
Much bigger torque number than VA box.
Needless to say I'll be calling to complain about my VA box tomm.
And the Juice wont be far off once the controller is out.
And the credit card recovers. :(
Had a fun ride home on rte 91 and 84 but my dam 95mph speed limiter kept getting in the way :D
So I sat back and watched the duramax road train of trucks roll off into the sunset. :D

Maybe we can go up again in a few months to try again.

And try to link to my pictures in my sig to see the dually hole shots.
I'll let the two characters in the picture with the nice looking Dually in the background identify themselves.
Mack you know who they are? ;)

Thats it for now

Bye, Diesel Dragon :cool:

CPMac632
07-27-2003, 21:56
Where did you get your VA box. By the numbers I would say someone either screwed up or got to you. That is probably a 70-110 box.

[ 07-27-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: CPMac632 ]

Diesel Dragon
07-28-2003, 19:34
I got it at Precision Diesel on Long Island.

I talked to Dan today and he said they were making 155 hp at his local dyno.

He too thinks I may of gotten the wrong programmed box so I pulled it out today and mailed it back to him.

He said he would check it and reprogram it and send it back.

We shall see

Bye, Diesel Dragon :cool:

mackin
07-28-2003, 21:23
Next time I'm not lead man ..... You guys drafting me resulted in the worst fuel econo I ever got ..... I'm at 180 miles on the trip od and I'm out of fuel ..... Did you guys siphon some out when I wasn't looking ??

When I tank up in the mourning I'll give ya the number .....

Get off my hips !!!!!!

Mac :D :D :D

On Edit => 27 Gallons = 205 miles ....... Dam ..... I added a few PICS .....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[ 07-29-2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

03BlueHD
07-31-2003, 13:04
Hey guys, what's up. Decided to join after meeting up with you this past weekend (the 8.1 gasser was my brothers). Anyhow, next time I'll bring out my virgin Dmax/Ally.

Got some pics here: Click Here (http://www.cardomain.com/id/03bluehd)

mackin
07-31-2003, 18:40
Originally posted by 03BlueHD:
Hey guys, what's up. Decided to join after meeting up with you this past weekend (the 8.1 gasser was my brothers). Anyhow, next time I'll bring out my virgin Dmax/Ally.

Got some pics here: Click Here (http://www.cardomain.com/id/03bluehd) Make sure you bring it next time Bro,we luv virgins ...... Let me know I'll have testing apparatus for you ... Welcome to the site .....

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

[ 07-31-2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 20:57
Cool. Glad you joined. Your brother's truck is definitely sharp. Man, the CT crowd keeps getting bigger and bigger.

8.1GASSER
08-02-2003, 18:44
Hehe, guess who? That's right Mac, I'm back.
Guys thanks for all the great comments on my ride, it makes it all worth it.......Next time we'll bring the sacrificial virgin.......hahaha!!!! :D :eek: :D

8.1GASSER
08-02-2003, 18:54
Look familiar?? http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/374000-374999/374975_16.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/374000-374999/374975_13.jpg

hoot
08-02-2003, 19:21
Nice wheels ;)

8.1GASSER
08-02-2003, 19:37
Thanks "COPY CAT" J/K :D ;)

mackin
08-02-2003, 21:56
Originally posted by 8.1GASSER:
Hehe, guess who? That's right Mac, I'm back.
Guys thanks for all the great comments on my ride, it makes it all worth it.......Next time we'll bring the sacrificial virgin.......hahaha!!!! :D :eek: :D No matter what, join us in discussion on the entire b/b ..... Glad your back .....

Mac
;)