PDA

View Full Version : Fergus & Lindsay Pull Results

heartbeatcanada
07-27-2003, 18:42
Well went to the pulls Friday night(second time pulling) and come home the winner. I pulled 293ft. 2nd was 287ft 2000Ford big turbo, propane and high hp programming(my supplier), 3rd 2003Dodge 100hp chip+ a wack of weight in the cab(scaled at 8023lbs) you tell me how much weight he had(ext-cab s/box), 4th and 5th went to 2 other Fords. All top 5 trucks were set up by my supplier.

Track was awesome, good boost off the line and the tires hooked pretty quick, and i built some pretty good speed. Will post video soon as wifey gets back from vacation( as i don't have a clue) There was some high hp trucks there that didn't do so well.

So now i'm pumped so i decide Saturday i'm makin the 2hour drive to another pull. Four of us made it from my area that were all at Fergus the night before. We walked in and took the top 4 spots. #1 Dodge 299ft #2 Dodge 287ft(both have injectors,bigger turbo and whatever else, 460-470hp range from what i've heard) #3 My Duramax 278ft #4 my suppliers Ford 264ft. We were up against maybe 3-4 other heavily modded Dodges and 1-2 medium modded Fords, id say we did pretty good. No traction on the track, i actually let off the go pedal about 75ft to try and get some grip and then ease on it, helped alittle, not sure if i should have just let her rip.

Now since the Dodge boys and me jump back and forth for winning, pending on traction, its time to put that tranny upgrade and some more custom pragramming into stealth mode and get it done for the next pull. Still stuck on my tranny choice though. I'm about ready to hop in the truck and see the sunny south FLA.

If you read this Michael Tomac, thanks for the advice on the booosting and the straps, works awesome, and tell your buddy DUKE over at the other site maybe he should watch what he's saying, cause i don't think it will be long before he gets spanked by a DMAX. Alot of people were amazed at my truck and said they didn't expect what they seen from a GMC, i told them its only just begun. I was the only GM puller at either event, COME ON GUYS START REPRESENTING, nothing to be afraid of except whooping all of the Fords arse, and most of the Dodges. Will post video for both pulls mid week. Can't wait till the next pull. Later :D :D

HDLD
07-27-2003, 19:48
Coincidentally, I drove right by (twice) on my way to pick up our new puppy in Orangeville yesterday! That would have been great to see. So who is your supplier? Where are these events announced?

heartbeatcanada
07-27-2003, 20:29
HDLD My supplier is BR Powersource in Oakville, if you want his phone # or e-mail address, shoot me an e-mail and i'll give it to ya. Next pull is in Drayton Aug.8th hopefully have a tranny and more power on tap by then, fingers are crossed. Go to Central Ontario Tractor Pullers Association, and Great Lakes Pulling and they have the schedules online. Just look for the local 4x4s or non-circuit trucks and thats us, as well as the weight 8000 class, not all events have pulls for us guys. :rolleyes:

Where abouts are you from??? I asssume from up in that area. Uxbridge,Beaverton, and Bobcaygon are the closest pulls in that area, you'll see them on there sites. If your interested in seeing one let me know and i'll tell ya if i plan on attending, maybe hook up and shoot the bull. Almost forgot my e-maill addy is jtbuttenham@cogeco.ca Later :D

mtomac
07-27-2003, 22:00
Good work, can't wait to see the video. The Ford & Dodge boys better hope that more Duramaxes don't start pulling because they'll be even further down the standings.

heartbeatcanada
07-28-2003, 06:05
Tomac

I have put the Timbrens in the rear and they work awesome for the pulls. No bouncing either time this weekend from the front or rear, and seems not to sag so much when the weight comes on. I also aired down to 20lbs on all corners, and no bouncing, but seemed like alot more grip than the last time i pulled, could have been track condition too :confused:

Truck doesn't seem to loose power, just traction. Compared to other modded fords or dodges that i seen they weren't spinning at the end like i was, don't know if that is good or not, as i don't have too much experience yet. :cool: Will try to keep up the good standings. Later