PDA

View Full Version : Pulled this weekend, still have not been beat by Duramax!!

RedDog1
07-27-2003, 21:35
This gentleman was the only representative in the class for the Duramax crew :( , wish more would participate. He had a 03 crewcab Chevy shortbed (I think). I do not know what all has been done to the truck, but I do know it had a different exhaust and sounded good smile.gif .

His truck is the first Duramax that I have seen pull pretty good. Talked to him briefly as it was my turn to pull. I hope he reads this and responds (said he looks at the DP). I want to see a Dmax do good, and I think he may be the one!! :D

We pulled in the 7200lb class. His Duramax went 246'and change,,, I had a full pull along with 3 Cummins. Needless to say I finished 4th :( The Dodges are very very tough around here!!! I pulled 272', and the Dodges were 285' and the other 2 were over 300' :eek:

I would love to see a good pulling Dmax around these parts!!

Later, RedDog

mtomac
07-27-2003, 21:54
I don't have the hottest Duramax but I can hold my own. Pulling season is in full swing up here, but let me know of any upcoming pulls and I'll see if I can make it to one.

RedDog1
07-27-2003, 22:23
Micheal,

We have a big one coming up on August 23rd. I posted it on here hoping to inspire some Dmax owners to show. This is big time Dodge country here. Mitchell enterprise is half and hour away, and I think the whole country knows what he can do for Dodge owners :eek: .

I emailed my number to you a few weeks ago if you wanted to chat pullin.

A internet buddy of mine from Midland Michigan came down last year to watch this pull. He really enjoyed it.

Later, RedDog

mtomac
07-27-2003, 22:32
I've pulled against my fair share of Enterprise, Sheid & Haisley Dodge trucks.

I'm going to the Sheid pull in Terre Haute, IN that weekend. :(

Kyle03D
07-29-2003, 16:33
This is my first post, I pulled at the pull saturday that RedDog was at. It was my first time ever hooking to a sled. The first pull I made which is the one he is refuring too, I chickened out on using 4hi and used 4lo and let it shift to second. And also it didn't go so smooth becuase my tst box kept hitting the 1300 egt limit so the power wasn't consistant. I pulled a second time in an 7500 open class because it was free and I used 4Hi first gear and it worked so much better. I raised the egt limiter to 1450 and the power was smooth the whole way too. My truck still has under 1000 miles on it. I was completely guessing on what settings to use. I had the TE on 4 and the power on 6 which is probably too much, (comp box). My tires turned in like crazy both times. I'll be trying the straps next time. I'll be ordering a front E-Locker within the next few days. I have a video of the second pull and you can see the tires turning in and the front diff alternating right to left. THe truck was rocking right to left the whole way because of that. Well I'm addicted and I had fun. I hope to talk to you all more. One question to start, Does 1400+ egt hurt much during the 25 seconds of pulling the sled? Is it somthing I need to worry about? Thanks

Kyle

Video of Pull (http://kyle.michael.net/1stpull.mpeg)

CPMac632
07-29-2003, 18:22
Kyle I haven't had any problem with egt's yet and my pyro is past 1800 by the time I get the clutch released pulling.

GMCTRUCK
07-29-2003, 20:09
Hey CPMac, what tranny/transfercase gear combo do you use for pulling?

CPMac632
07-29-2003, 21:12
2nd high or 5th low depending on the track and sled.

mtomac
07-29-2003, 21:48
I peg mine at 1500 for 5-7 seconds. Just shut the egt monitor off.

WhiteDuramax
07-29-2003, 22:03
Glad to see we are getting more DMax's involved in pulling, it is a lot of fun. Tomac, when is the tranny gonna be in? I am pulling this Thursday, hope to have my weight bracket for the front done by then.

Kyle03D
07-29-2003, 22:07
WhiteDuramax, Where are you pulling this thursday?, Maybe I can make it.

Kyle

mtomac
07-29-2003, 22:15
ATS level 3 is in route, hope to have it in on Monday

RedDog1
07-30-2003, 15:34
Kyle,

I couldn't remember if you pulled in the 7500lb class. I got 3rd in it,, beat by two Dodges. I did have first place for GM, (like I have several times), but that isn't saying much when you have the Dodges out in front :(

I have never tried high loc,,, don't think I would have enough power. I've tried low and letting it shift to 2nd, but still do not think I have enough power. My dilema is I stay in first low at 5,000rpms the entire length of the track. I have to much gear for first low, and not enough motor for 2nd low :(

I need to post a picture of the tires that I think would do extremely well in pulling. I cannot believe nobody has tried them :eek: !!

Here is the tire,,,, http://www.intercotire.com/truxus_sts_all_terrain-600.jpg

I think it would be perfect. I would love to try them :D
RedDog

[ 07-30-2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: RedDog ]

WhiteDuramax
07-30-2003, 17:16
Kyle,
The pull is in Union City, Ohio, it is right on the Ohio-Indiana line. pull starts at 6 but a lot of antiques will be pulling first so I would say it will be 8 or later by the time diesel trucks pull. #8000, 26" hitch, thats it.
Come on up, there will be at least 2 Max's pulling and plenty of Cummins competition.

WhiteDuramax
07-30-2003, 17:18
Tomac or CPMac, what is the most weight you have put on your front wieght bracket, Im thinkin I could get my truck down to 6800# so I could put 1200# on the front, but I didnt know if that was too much for the front.

CPMac632
07-30-2003, 21:21
I have a weight bracket made but have never used it. Make sure and weight up to the limit even if you don't put it all out front.

mtomac
07-30-2003, 21:56
I've had 11 65# weights on mine (715#). It will hold 15 weights.