PDA

View Full Version : K&S Fuel Injection Dyno Day and Open House

Runaway
03-12-2004, 06:56
Ok, its official. After bouncing dates back and forth and such the date is set and carved in rock.

MAY 22, 2004 8AM - 5PM
K&S Fuel Injection Dyno Day and Open House.
6007 Municipal St
Schofield, WI 54476
Ph: 800.535.0172
www.ksfuel.com (http://www.ksfuel.com)
POC: Jason Maki

The event is open to Diesel and Gas Powered Pickup trucks. They are set up to run 40 rigs that day. What this means is you run what you bring. You won't be able to play with different boxes/settings. Your time on the Dyno is sponsored by WyoTech www.wyotech.com (http://www.wyotech.com) Prizes for top HP, maybe torque also of they can get the programming setup in time.

BD Power is scheduled to be here, unsure if they will bring their trucks.

Also tenetive is Gale Banks of Banks products - still unconfirmed.

Mike Ryan and one of his race trucks. He race's Century Class Freightliners. 12 - 13 minute runs in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, and 256mph+ on the Bonniville Salt Flat. Still waiting confimation from him

Lunch provided.

More details as they become more solid.

Campgrounds are in the area. If enough people are interested in this we could more than likely block some spaces off.

Amianthus
03-14-2004, 06:00
GOOD LORD! That's allotta goings on at that place. This might be something to see.

Kennedy
03-15-2004, 10:54
Breakfast at Dennys how about 7am-ish???

Runaway
03-18-2004, 05:52
Sure I'm game for breakfast. I should be able to setup the day before so sure BREAKFAST at 7ish! ;)

Doesn't look like much interest here or at the Ford site. The Dodge site is lit up like a Christmas tree about this event. It's early though.

Kennedy
03-18-2004, 17:55
I hear the buzz is pretty good on the Picnic Table site.

Jason was supposed to dyno a V8 powered picnic table last I heard...

Runaway
03-18-2004, 19:25
Yeah, I saw the pictures. It is a real picnic table with a Chevy smallblock. Think it dyno'd at 183 rwhp if I heard right.

jjgmc
03-24-2004, 18:43
breakfast at dennys sounds good it will be good to see some new faces

Runaway
04-20-2004, 17:57
Couple of updates here...

Mike Ryans race schedule interferes with the event so his race trucks (Century Class Freightliners) won't be here on display.

The Banks folks are non-commital - just not a big enough event yet to spark their interests.

Everything else is on track...

Amianthus
04-21-2004, 08:34
Originally posted by Runaway:
...The Banks folks are non-commital - just not a big enough event yet to spark their interests... Or it's like I said on the TDR, maybe their afraid of getting their arse KICKED! tongue.gif :D

Kennedy
05-06-2004, 19:32
Well, we tested/refined their hold down system a bit and it looks like it should do pretty darn good. Still could use a knurled surface on the rollers, but Mustang isn't ready yet.

My tires got pretty hot, but that won't be a problem on the day as they should have fan cooling, and trucks will not be making repetitive runs like we did in testing...

[ 05-06-2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Runaway
05-14-2004, 18:48
Well - a week to go and it looks like the Dodge boys are going to have the biggest showing. Who's all going???

Amianthus
05-17-2004, 10:08
I'm gonna have to put in some serious overtime on my truck to have it ready for this weekend.
It went down and I'm hoping that there isn't a run on parts for it.

Either way, I will be there. Even if only in my neighbor's truck.

Kennedy
05-18-2004, 11:19
Good old bomb proof Cummins! ;)

Hey, I'm thinking we may need to do a breakfast call, and possibly move time to 6:45. If we have enough coming, I'll look at getting a big table reserved.

Mmmmmmmm Breakfast Dagwood...

Modified
05-19-2004, 16:54
If you're starting a breakfast list, count me in. I'm shoot'n to be at Denny's at 6:30-6:45.

Amianthus
05-20-2004, 06:43
So far, so good. Got the engine buttoned back up. It should be running tonight. IF not tomorrow night. I may not have time to set the wastegate properly, so I may be down a little on power. I certainly won't have my water injection done by then. But I will be there in my truck.

I will try to catch you guys for breakfast. Where's this Denny's again?

BTW, John, there's no need to kick a guy in the seeds when his truck is down. ;) :D

POS Lift Pump, VP44, Tone Wheel, ECM, non-existant valveguides. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kennedy
05-20-2004, 07:14
I will have LLY module(s) on hand for use on the dyno for this event...

I'll also have a pretty good selection of Edge/Quad/Van Aaken stuff for the LB7 as well as some of the Ford/Dodge stuff.

Kennedy
05-20-2004, 10:37
Dennys is off of 51 (I39) at Cedar Creek. Right by Wausau Homes/Foremost/Weston power plant(Big stack)/Gander Mountain/Wausau HD

If you need another lift pump, lemme know. I also have some hose barb fittings so a quick splice is easy!

Modified
05-20-2004, 18:00
Amianthus:
POS Lift Pump??? I installed the PE4100 in my DMax.
What problems do you have?
I have a Seal/O-ring Kit and one motor bearing if you need them. Let me know.

Amianthus
05-21-2004, 14:32
Well, let's just say I'm having major problems with my truck right now. And the lift pump isn't helping right now. I'll fill you in on more of the gore on Saturday when I see you.

John bring the extra pump, just in case. We'll probably need to splice it in.

I'll try my best to see you guys at breakfast. See ya tomorrow.

Aron

Runaway
05-21-2004, 17:34
Rain or shine, we are set to make some "smoke!" K&S has a very large pavilion tent up just in case!

"IF THE SMOKES NOT BLACK, TAKE IT BACK!

John,

Will try and make breakfast, been a long day today and need some shuteye! Will see how I feel in the AM!

Vince

Kennedy
05-24-2004, 06:01
Hey, it was a great time! Thanks to all who busted their asses to make things go VERY smoothly.

Curt ran the trucks in/out, and conducted testing.

Keith crawled under most of the 50 or so trucks to strap and unstrap!

"Vanna" kept the board updated right to the minute.

Mike, Jason, and Ken, and Ron were all over the place.

Must've been a half dozen other "seasonal" helpers that I don't have names for.

Between K&S and Vince/Wyotech, I'd say this year's event was a BIG success!

I left with the top prize and 2 armfuls of goodies. $150 KS gift cert, BD jacket, Wyotech: jacket, fender covers, cap, mug, key chain.

PS. for those in attendance, I seriously doubt I can acheive anywhere near that level of excellent service/planning for my event...

DieselDavy
05-24-2004, 07:28
John,
You said you took Top spot but you left out the numbers!!! What's with that? Fill us in man!
Dave

Amianthus
05-24-2004, 08:23
It's too bad my truck was broken. I really wanted that Key Chain ;)

I don't think I coulda beat JK with the setup he had. Maybe fuel alone, but not with drugs (that I don't have). Congrats to JK for his decisive win. 532 HP. Although, I think that number is ultra-conservative.

BTW JK, what was your truck doing at the end of the run? Did you hit the rev limit? Is that what that was? Or was it something else? Just curious.

Of the top 10, six were Dmax, one Ford, and three Cummins. The rig I brought came in at 13th. Right in the middle of the Dmaxs. As it was said on the TDR, it's stupid how easy it is to make big power with the Dmax.

It was good to see all the usual suspects there. Maverick, JK, and a whole host of others. I hope to see you guys at the next one. Maybe my truck won't be broken.

Kennedy
05-24-2004, 08:32
First run of record was 484. That same combo yielded 480 on my dyno Friday. The straps were redone, and it went 472, so I think we lost some grip.

Top run was 532. That setup yielded an easy 620 on my dyno Friday. The "bobble" was the rev limit as the vehicle speed hit the end of the test before the Mustang did as the tire slip allowed it to lag behind... ;)

Runaway
05-27-2004, 13:51
Finally slowed down enough to look at the forums. Had a great turn out even though with the threat of rain. Looks like GM dominated the event with the big numbers. Dodge boys put up some good numbers and the Ford boys put some good numbers on the board this year. One 6.0 @ 390ish. Had 4 gas jobs run, one being a "Hemi" which put down 189 rwhp. Though this was alittle low for what that "Hemi" is hyped to be? Congrats John Kennedy and Mark Huckstorf for the big numbers of the day. Don't have the exact numbers for Mark and John was 532 rwhp.
The HS students/WyoTech enrolles were impressed as well. Most comments were "I didn't know diesels could do that!"

As usual, K&S put on a great show and I am happy that WyoTech could be part of it.

[ 05-27-2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Runaway ]