PDA

View Full Version : New PCM

td-6.5
03-24-2005, 03:59
Hi everybody,
after hundreds of hours spent testing the infamous "no glow plugs/stall-no start" problem, I concluded that my '96 Suburban 4wd needs a new PCM.

Since I live in Italy I ordered the part from an on-line part seller who stated that he couldn't benchtop program the PCM to my specific needs (4L80E trans, 4WD).

So now I am going to receive a blank PCM and I am very concerned about the possible success of the repair.

I have a snap-on scanner mt-2500, does anyone know whether it would do the trick or is it really necessary to use a Tech-II?

In case it won't work does anyone know anyone who could program my new PCM ? (don't care about performance increase, plain GM programming would be great)

Thank you

Carlo
Rome,Italy

Turbine Doc
03-26-2005, 23:44
Ciao Commo Stie,

MT2500 is limited bi-directional tool and isn't capable of what you are asking it to do, even with a Tech 2 I think you need to be logged into GM techline to progaram a blank PCM, is it possible for you to get a junkyard PCM, I've been successful with those both in L56 & L65 versions.

You might want to add something to your signature line that lets us know what configuration & Year truck you have so we can better assist you and you don't have to keep restating it in your problem intro

[ 03-27-2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: tbogemirep ]

Dennis22
03-27-2005, 03:37
td-6.5, I have been dealing with this for over 2 years!! I can go for months with no issues and then it will stall every 10 miles. It happens more frequently when I am plowing, so I have replaced all ground wires (thinking loose connection) replaced glow plug relay (mine will not restart unless I get at least a flash from the glow plug light.) I have tried to trace every wire that has something to do with the glow plug relay, have not found any issues. It has been suggested on this board that it could be the PCM. Please post your results!!! I am very interested on how you make out. MY truck is also a 96 Suburban 4wd 2500.

Dennis