PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Suburban for sale

MikeC
06-14-2005, 08:15
As much as I hate it, I am going to leap for a Dmax. I am retiring and contemplating a 5th wheel camper, figure I should have a truck to tow it before I buy it.

For sale is my 1996 GMC K2500 6.5TD SLT Suburban with 110,000 miles, equipped as follows.

SLT, power windows and locks, cruise, tilt, F&R air and heat, leather, power buckets, third row seating, AM/FM/Cassette/CD, privacy glass, roof rack, class 4 hitch receiver and running boards.

Uprades are as follows. Spearco intercooler, 97 plus twin T-stats with HO water pump, DSG gear drive timing, Dmax fan and Kennedy fan clutch, X-Monitor guage with Trans temp, pyro and boost, Heath Max-e-torq reprogrammed PCM, Heath GM96 manual boost controller, high flow/high pop injectors, remote mounted FSD, Flex-a-lite electric fan driven trans cooler, 3 1/2 inch Kennedy exhaust & ceramic coated crossover pipe, snap in place quilted winter cover/summer screen for grille, Amsoil dual bypass filtration and synthetic lube B2B except for rear differential.

Maintenance in the last year: Optima red top batteries, glow plugs, alternator with lifetime warranty, NAPA starter, harmonic damper, remanufactured heads with new valve gear (blew a head gasket and decided to go with new top end while it was apart) and remanufactured GM5 turbo (old one lost a seal and started sucking oil).

Maintenance in last 5 yrs: Lifetime warranty wiper motor, almost complete rebuild of front undercarriage, brakes all around with flush of system and stainless braided brake lines added, updated 4WD transfer case shift harness and coolant system flushed and refilled three times.

This is, at least I hope, a complete list but I may have missed something. Truck is in the readers rig section here on The Diesel Page but some equipment has changed since that article was written. My mechanic, Jim Croghan, who just did the heads, starter, turbo, etc can be reached at 937-486-4013. Feel free to ask him anything you want to know about the truck.

I'm also throwing in three fuel filters, about 9 bypass filters and about 6 main filters. All replaced/upgraded parts parts that I still have will also go with the truck.

I'm asking $11,000 but can negotiate.

Thanks,
Mike Cooper
Carroll, Ohio
614-302-0885 cell
740-756-9450 home
mcooper at medflight dot com

[ 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: MikeC ]

The Diesel Kid
06-17-2005, 11:09
Very nice truck, too bad I'm Canadian and already have a 6.5L TD pick-up (i think I'd prefer the Suburban) unless someone wants a pick-up ??

dieselrealtor
06-18-2005, 13:59
could you email me some pics?

doug@realtorsink.com