PDA

View Full Version : 1994 K3500 flatbed work/plow/tow vehicles

markrinker
03-16-2005, 04:19
I am selling one or both of my two 1994 K3500 trucks. I'll do my best to describe the particulars and differences so you can decide which one or both is right for you. If you ever thought of plowing commercially, or simply need one for landscaping and plowing that long lane at your acreage - these trucks are perfect candidates.

Both trucks have been maintained at a local shop, and I can provide detailed maintenance records for the last three years for #1 and last two years for #2. You will be amazed to see what I have spent, and understand why my asking price is what it is. I am particular about maintenance, because the trucks have to perform reliably at a moments notice in my business - also when the weather is at its coldest and worst.

Both trucks feature timbren overload springs for hauling heavy loads or towing tongue-heavy trailers, e-brakes, trailer wiring, heavy duty receiver hitches. Both have live hydraulic systems on board that are unused from previous duties with 25 gallon resevoirs. (I have often thought that these tanks could be used for an experimental WVO conversion...?) Both have Western UniMount plow hookups and wiring. If you are interested in a plow as well, I'll throw in a 8' poly plow with new cutting edge for an additional $800. Value is closer to $1,200.

#1 is white in color, ~150K miles, has only a Heath Turbo-Master separating it from bone stock. It has an updated warranty IP, with the FSD mounted on it. Onboard battery trickle charger. Great runner, lots of new parts recently including tires, brake pads/rotors, steering box, batteries, glow plugs, controller, etc. Pulls real hard for stock, thats why I never messed with it. Will need exhaust and alignment soon. (Still 'wanders' a little even after steering box replacement - might be elsewhere in steering/front end?)

Asking price: $6800 obo 3/31/05

#2 is DOT orange in color, a twin sister to #1 above, from same KCMO municipal fleet. Has ~160K miles on chassis, newer 1998 6.5L/GM8 engine with only ~85K miles and all the performance goodies including upgraded cooling system, Kennedy fan clutch, Heath chip, Heath exhaust, Heath Turbo-Master, pillar mount gauges. Pulls 12,000lbs like its not even behind you. New recently: rear spring packs, brake pads/rotors, new 4L80E transmission with 1 year unlimited mile warranty (good to fall 2006, I can get warranty honored if needed, regardless of sale).

Asking price $9,300 obo 3/31/05

Reason for selling? I continually upgrade my work fleet and at least one, if not both of the oldest trucks need to go this year. As my plowing business grows, I need pickups less and less. Bobcats, dump trucks, and end loaders will do most of the heavy work next season.

Both trucks are in excellent mechanical condition for age and miles. Both are much better trucks than when I purchased them, mostly due to knowledge gained from the DP.

Package deal for both trucks, complete with plows: $16,000.

Thats two working trucks to go make money for under HALF of the price of a new DMax without a plow, e-brakes, wiring, hitch, etc...! If you purchase both, I will give you free telephone and email 'consulting' for 1 year to get your commercial snow plowing business off the ground. Don't laugh - I have devised a method and contracts that guarantee + cash flow regardless of weather. You'll never go out of business (as many do) if you follow this method. You DO have to live in a region that gets at least 40+ inches of snow per year on average.

[ 03-17-2005, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

chickenhunterbob
03-17-2005, 17:56
Well, good luck,

Selling your trucks that is, I think anyone on the page respects and knows your dedication for rigerous maintenance on these truck.

I know I for one will miss you on the 6.5 forum, you are (were?) a great enthusiast and help to many of us I'm sure.

like to see some pictures of these plow trucks though.

thanks
Bob