PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1984 Crew Cab 6.2L 4X4 Turbo

crew84
03-24-2005, 10:38
I want $10,000 USD firm. This truck won the Best 6.2 truck selected by The Diesel Page Members last year. Look up the topic because there are more pictures. Only 33K since 2000 rebuild. Here is a break down.

Between 2000 to 2002 $24,000.00+ spent on truck.
Engine blue printed..decked, line-bored, powered honed, head s water passages sleeved, 427 umbrella type valve guide seals, engine balanced, pistons tops ceramic coated and the sides graphite coated, piston height in block set by custom machining rods, dual-idler drive gears, rod and main bearings set individually by measurement. new fuel lift pump, high flow water pump, Kennedy 180 thermostat, hummer intake, new Banks Complete Turbo system, new GM clutch fan, new radiator, hoses, 100 amp alternator, harmonic balancer.
Complete transmission rebuild. replaced torque convertor at 20k trying to find vibration. Accurate Diesel rebuilt Injection pump cured vibration at 28K. transfer case seals replaced. GearVendor Over drive. front and rear springs reforged with extra leaf, front velocity joints replaced with new seals, king pins replaced, front brake components at the wheels replaced, rotors, calipers, hoses, pads, with hydra-boost , master cylinder and pressure pump replaced. Power steering gear replaced, drag links and tie rod ends, front steering shock replaced with Rancho HD and front shocks with Rancho HD. Wheels are rated at 3400lbs. Tires are Michelin rated E. U-joints all replaced with drive-line support bearing. Has new not rebuilt 6.5L injectors put in 10K ago.
Have these items extra: complete air conditioning change over to R134A, have extra GM clutch fans, injectors, new GM ventless lift pump, later glow-plug system, four fuel filters, starters, alternators, new cast crankshaft pulley, Autozone electric fuel pump, Racor fuel filter, I bought a Pre-luber for turbo oil system for over $500.00 which goes with truck.
Complete paint job with seals. fenders, hood. Cab interior gutted and all power windows, locks, seals, installed, alarm, overhead console, headliner, seats, carpets. Stainless running boards. Electric mirrors, new GM roof lights, Tilt wheel, Line-X in bed, B&W Turn-Over Ball hitch with Companion 5th Wheel Hitch. 2" receiver grade V hitch. Hydraulic activated electric trailer brakes. In-bed trailer plug-in. Have a aluminum cab high shell which has not been on truck since 2000.

I also have tools that go with truck. Tach N Time timing setup, injector socket, Compression gage setup.

I bought a new 2500HD Duramax. My back will not allow me to fix the little things that come up in a 1984 truck. I can tell you that it has some stupid quarks. The oil pressure sending unit is not accurate. I replaced it with a aftermarket one when the new factory one went out about 6K ago. The factory one is expensive and showed about 10 lbs more. The battery gauge is not accurate all the time. Sometimes I have to tap it with my finger for a good reading. The alarm system has door locking but if you reach under the dash and move the unit the fuse sometimes disconnects. It has happen to me twice since the rebuild. I know what to do and it only takes a second. The main reason I am selling it is because of my bad back. I can no longer work under the hood and dash. That is why I have all the extra parts that are not installed.

POINTERMAN
03-25-2005, 22:12
Hello I am interested in your truck please call or email me Ron Miller pointerm at msn.com
951-283-1492

crew84
04-09-2005, 12:18
SOLD!!!!!!!!!