PDA

View Full Version : No Start 6.5

RaptorMan555
11-27-2004, 16:00
HELP!

I put together a 6.5 from 2 motors in an old farm truck. I cannot get the thing to start. Just put the second starter on it and don't really want to burn it up. It cranks over good and hits a lot but just wont light off. What can I do to get it to go over the edge? I have good fuel at the injectors, new filters, good glow plugs. I'm in my third day tryint to start this thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

rjschoolcraft
11-27-2004, 17:56
What's the condition of the pump? Is it electronic or mechanical?

RaptorMan555
11-28-2004, 12:37
Its a mechanical pump just come back from rebuild, I know that don't mean much but I have good fuel to the injectors. This engine was running great until it threw a rod and I put a new short block under it.

ucdavis
11-30-2004, 17:11
Assuming you have the right pump (DB2):
If you have fuel to injectors & they are popping (fuel in cylinders), and you have good glow, and it is attempting to fire, I'd guess timing, either rotation of the pump, or crossed injection lines.

DmaxMaverick
11-30-2004, 20:34
Any smoke coming out the tailpipe? No smoke means no fuel. If you are getting fuel into the cylinders, and the glow plugs are glowing, it should fire if the timing is close. Confirm that the glow plugs are in fact glowing, then check the timing. It could be 180