PDA

View Full Version : Parting out M1008 1.25 ton Military Truck

john8662
02-09-2005, 20:25
I bought this ol truck for one reason, axles/springs but I ended up pulling the 6.2 (bad head and gasket) and transmission, etc out of the truck. This truck is very ROUGH, there isn't a straight piece of sheet metal on the truck (well sorta). Anyways I am about to finish pulling the axles out from underneath the truck and then cut the truck up and haul it off for scrap metal and I thought someone might need some parts and or a frame, etc.

Frame is VERY HEAVY DUTY, wish I had a purpose for it, its in perfect condition. Everything else on the truck is for sale to, or come haul it off.

Things for sale, everything but: bumpers, engine, axles.

I have the TH400 tranny and NP208 case out of the truck, the tranny is good and I don't know about the t-case. I'm probably going to start cutting it up in a couple of weeks, time to start cleaning up. Oh, and its an 84 model truck.

CareyWeber
02-09-2005, 20:29
John,

Please email me.

carey dot weber at us dot army dot mil

Thanks
Carey

Sprayandprey
03-08-2005, 10:36
I am looking for a glow plug controler, windsheild wiper blade moter, gas tank filer tube and cap and last the drivers side wing window

z17@adelphia.net

tks

john8662
03-08-2005, 12:37
sorry but no controller, filler tube is gone with the tank, wiper motor is there and I do have all the windows.

Craig M
03-08-2005, 17:17
Hi John

Question on the TH400. I have an 85 Suburban, 6.2, 3/4 ton, TH400, 4x4. Transmission is shot. Would this government model be a direct bolt in, or are there differences in the 1.25 ton vs the 3/4 ton?

john8662
03-09-2005, 08:16
It's the same transmission, the only difference is what it's installed in, the truck is mainly a 1 ton, with slightly bigger springs. The transmission is the same as what is in your suburban, and it has an NP208 Transfer case thats the same case used in the civilian trucks.

Just to let you know, I don't know that much about the tranny out of this truck. The only driving I did with the truck was off the trailor, from there it was pulled by chain. But Reverse and at least 1st worked, I wasn't able to drive it.

Craig M
03-09-2005, 11:04
Well if two gears work that is better that this 85. The 85 is a repo. I have no history on the truck. The engine runs, but no movement at all from the transmission. Not having been able to check the axle's do not want to spend $1200 on a rebult TH400, them find other issues. Truck had a expensive aftermarket kit installed (sunroofs, seats, flares etc), but is now in pretty rough shape. Some rust and lots of old age issues on interior and exterior. What price are you thinking for the TH400?

john8662
03-10-2005, 06:41
Craig,

email me and we can talk, awesomechevyman @ yahoo.com

(no spaces)