PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 6.2 NA air cleaner

Scotch
02-24-2005, 14:33
Is anyone interested in parting with an air cleaner body which will fit an 86 6.2. I would like to build a swanger air setup but can't have the truck down in the meantime. I assume any year or application will work since I plan to alter it anyway. Thank you.

john8662
02-25-2005, 10:38
I've got a few that I wouldn't mind parting with. I've got a few year ranges, they all have the same bottom piece, the difference is in how the resonator connected to them and the size of the hole into the aircleaner. Most of them need a little sanding to clean off some surface rust, etc. But I'd be happy to send one of em to ya for cutting up for the Swanger air setup. I'd only want a small amount for the shipping and the packaging. email me at:

awesomechevyman @ yahoo.com

-Just remove the spaces is all...

CleviteKid
02-26-2005, 07:54
For those of you who don't want to own two complete air cleaner assemblies, you can do what I did for periods I need to drive the truck while the air cleaner is being painted, modified, etc. etc.

Buy a cheap round air filter, Lee AF148 (also the part number for about 20 other funky brands) or a Wix 42055 or equivalent. This filter is 3-1/4" high, 6-1/2" I.D., and 8-1/2" O.D. I cut two pieces of plywood for the top and bottom, and put a hole in the bottom piece to fit the top of the intake manifold, and two 1/4" holes in the top for the hold-down studs. Sure it sucks hot air from under the hood, and does not have the total surface area of the "Swanger Air" system, but it gets me around town while the paint dries on the real deal.

Dr. Lee :cool: