PDA

View Full Version : H2 wheels and tires

Dmax son
02-13-2006, 14:44
Alright got 5 new H2 chrome wheels and tires for my girlfriend's 99 suburban. These are the fullsize H2 bfgoodrich A/t ko tires, size 315/70r17. Over the weekend we put them on. You do need to trim the fenders, and the front bumper. We still have some slight rubbing issues that I'm going to take care of right now. So hopefully by the end of the week I will have some chrome center caps and stock lug nuts to finish it off. In the meantime here are some pics, I know there not the greats right now, but after I get it trimed how I want it I well post more pics. Feel free to ask any questions.
99 Suburban with H2 wheels and tires (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/knee_burner/album?.dir=af0d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos)

Bryan

More Power
02-13-2006, 21:30
Bitchin!

As long as it turns & drives like you expect, you've got a winner.

I hear that the 2001+ stock GM PYO (factory aluminum wheels) center caps will fit the H2 wheels with minor mods.

Jim

DA BIG ONE
02-13-2006, 22:34
Looks great, As for trimming back of fender consider rolling it in, or if you do cut off material make sure to seal resulting open area to keep all that road junk out of there.

Another issue is that when going up or down steep curbs and driveways upon compression tires will contact at a higher point in rear of front wells. After driving for awhile you will see the contact areas clearly, this too can be rolled inwards.

morgan
02-15-2006, 16:25
Glad you posted this. and thanks for photos too. Is that the stock Hummer tire size?

My rig (see signiature) looks like the truck-version of your burb. same black fender flares. So I reckon I'd have the same problem?

I see where a non-chrome set of rims (only) can be had for about $200 on Ebay any day of the week. Sounds great, but the cost of the rubber scares me.

Any drawbacks I should know that weren't mentioned already?

Kev-o
02-18-2006, 17:11
any body or susp. lift?

Dmax son
02-20-2006, 16:44
No I don't have a body or suspension lift. You need to trim the fender flares, and a little bit of the fender behind the flares. You'll either need to move the front bumper forward or trim it also. I trimed my front bumper. Trim the lower air dam too. There is plastic trim, that covers the gap between the bumper and the body that needs to be trimed. When I did mine, I put the suburban on jack stands, and removed the torsion bar keys, so I could cycle the suspension up and down, and trim where was needed. I leveled the front end out with rear, but I don't think you would need to, because you are triming all of the parts that would rub out of the way. If you don't have fender flares, You could possible roll the fenders back, or if you cut them, I think the cuts would be completely unnoticeable. I was reading the instructions on bushwacker about there cut out flares, and in the instructions, they say with bumper triming you can fit 35s on 16x10 rims. I wish they would make factory style flares, that were cut outs. Oh also the only place it rubbed at, was the back wheel well. Since these are metal I took a hammer, and hammered them back, and since then I haven't had any rubbing issues, and I have tried to get them to rub, but I haven't been able to.
For all wonder about the green keys fitting, they will go into place, but the problem I had was that the suspension was at max downtravel, when I was installing them, but I couldn't put that half mooned shaped thing that holds the adjuster bolt in, back in to place. I don't know what keys I have in there, but I have half the adjuster bolt to go with the front end leveled.

Bryan