PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problem

Calvin 60
02-18-2006, 19:03
I recently had a battery cable loosen and showed a low charge indication. About the same time the transmission shifted into first gear. It will not shift into a higher gear. It will go into reverse ok. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help with this problem?

DA BIG ONE
02-19-2006, 01:36
Originally posted by Calvin 60:
I recently had a battery cable loosen and showed a low charge indication. About the same time the transmission shifted into first gear. It will not shift into a higher gear. It will go into reverse ok. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help with this problem? Seen some reports about the ign switch being an issue in some trucks causing the tranny to go into failsafe mode, or something like that. Search forums about this.

Bnave95
02-20-2006, 03:33
Did this cause any codes issue? Could try reseting the system by taking power away from the system for awhile.

Calvin 60
02-20-2006, 17:42
Drove the truck this morning and all was well. I think the low voltage caused the trans to go into fail-safe mode. I checked the wires and plugs to the trans and wiggled them. I think you are right that the system must have reset itself when I lost battery power.

Thanks for the replys.