PDA

View Full Version : Code 36..only when very cold out..

rameye
02-19-2006, 07:18
New IP 7 months ago...been running very well.

Getting Code 36 on mornings when it is Kold like this morning..10 degrees. I dont plug it in..it fires right up.

Code only sets upon acceleration of cold engine ...press down on pedal get code...release, code goes away...once its warm...no issues.

Always runs fine however when setting code its sluggish. I figure the pCM is running default for that brief time period.

Should I be going after stanadyne for a new pump before its outta warranty....if there is one on a new pump...

Thanks

Mark Rinker
02-19-2006, 07:54
10 degrees is my cutoff for plugging in the diesels.

While you should not be getting the '36' code, I'd plug it in overnight and see if it still happens.

Bnave95
02-20-2006, 03:16
Are you getting a fast idle at start?
I'd question the pump because you should not be getting this code just because it's cold.
Also because the pump is new,don't rule out the FSD.
I see you have the cooler.Any chance your still running the same FSD?
Well I see you only have 2K on the cooler :rolleyes:
So its back to the pump. New pump,new or rebuilt?
I've been running with the code 35 for over a year now. Waiting for the darn thing to quit but it just keeps going. Starts,runs fine. MPG has not droped and power is still good. Now when the time comes to R&R and I would get a new pump,get a code,some one is getting a wooping :D
Seeing the SES light on and off for now is something I just live with :rolleyes:

[ 02-20-2006, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

rameye
02-20-2006, 05:27
If the truck is idles for 5 minutes...there are no codes set...

If it is closer to freezing (warmer) there are no issues.

This is a brand new pump. I am using the new FSD that is pump mounted...I have the other remote mounted on the cooler.

I guess the real question is should I ask stanadyne to replace this new IP with another one just because it throws a code when it's really cold?

Is this a harbinger of a pump failure?

Or should I just leave well enough alone, seeing it only happens when very cold...

One odd comment is, that the service manual states it will only set this code when the water temp is 68 degrees or better....I am positive that the temp was not yet 68. It was 10 degrees out and the truck had only run 45 seconds or less before it set the code.

Thanks for the replies..

Bnave95
02-21-2006, 04:02
Or should I just leave well enough alone, seeing it only happens when very cold...

I would not :eek:
As I have stated before,theres no reason this should happen.