PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Injectors

kaylabryn
02-20-2006, 12:03
Was curious if anybody has experience with this guy on ebay. Its almost one of those too good to be true. But was wondering. I hope I did this right.web page (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8039214146&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

rdurh
02-20-2006, 18:19
I bought a set from him in December. So far I've had no problems. Shipping was fast and he was quick on getting the core charge back to me through Paypal. The guy was pretty good to deal with overall and was very good at communicating with you after the purchase. One thing I'd suggest is to buy a return line kit from Kennedy Diesel, or from some other company. These parts don't come with this guys injectors. Trying to get the tiny clips and return lines off with damaging them took longer than installing the injectors.

kaylabryn
02-21-2006, 05:50
Good to know, I appreciate the feedback.

SHEIDEN9
03-03-2006, 23:13
i too have been thinking about this guys injectors, I have asked him a few questions about his marine injectors and he says he uses 304 nozzles and they perform as well as the 311(marine) nozzles. from what i have read here this is not the case. now im no expert on injectors so i would greatly appreciate anyones informed opioin on this. my 97 sub has 123k on the stock injectors and i am considering higher flow injectors and a boost controller to get a little more towing power on hills thanks,
steve.

TurboDiverArt
03-04-2006, 05:30
i too have been thinking about this guys injectors, I have asked him a few questions about his marine injectors and he says he uses 304 nozzles and they perform as well as the 311(marine) nozzles. from what i have read here this is not the case. now im no expert on injectors so i would greatly appreciate anyones informed opioin on this. my 97 sub has 123k on the stock injectors and i am considering higher flow injectors and a boost controller to get a little more towing power on hills thanks,
steve.
Why are you looking at Marine injectors vs. truck ones? Is this for a boat or is there an advantage to the marine ones?

I'm probably overdue for an injector change, I think I have about 90K on them but I'm not sure as the previous owner said they had them changed.

Which is the best nozzle to be used?

Thanks,
Art.

SHEIDEN9
03-04-2006, 08:05
from what i can gather the marine injectors make 20 to 40 more hp. due to the fact they flow more fuel and they have a higher pop pressure resulting in better fuel atomization. my question is will setting the pop pressure on stock injectors higher get almost the same result without the expense of the marine nozzles . they cost about 50% more .I dont mind spending more for a better injector but if there isnt any real advantage ill go with stock and use the money to buy fuel

kaylabryn
03-05-2006, 20:20
Well mine has 195,000 miles and I hope they have been changed but I do not have any evidence to this. Eveything looks the way it would stock. Right now I am looking to get this thing in good running order so I can start moding it.

Kennedy
03-06-2006, 06:57
from what i can gather the marine injectors make 20 to 40 more hp. due to the fact they flow more fuel and they have a higher pop pressure resulting in better fuel atomization. my question is will setting the pop pressure on stock injectors higher get almost the same result without the expense of the marine nozzles . they cost about 50% more .I dont mind spending more for a better injector but if there isnt any real advantage ill go with stock and use the money to buy fuel

No, and anybody who says they do (fleabay vendor in question) does not know what he is talking about. The increase in power comes from an increase in fuel delivery potential. Everybody seems to want to cut into the diesel market and do it by price cutting, but there is always a reason...

signgrafix
03-06-2006, 12:42
So, are the marine injectors a good thing or not?

1994 6.5 Chevy turbo diesel. 4WD extended cab.
No modifications yet, just bought it.

Kennedy
03-06-2006, 14:07
I prefer them, when done right of course...

16gaSxS
03-06-2006, 14:20

I don't have the back ground that many folks here have so maybe someone can help me understand. I been told by people who are suppose to know these things that INJECTORS don't by themself increase Horse Power as they myabe be ABLE to flow more fuel but the INJECTION PUMP determines how much fuel flows to the INJECTOR. So if you IP put out the same amount of fuel you will get about the same amount of Horse Power from a HI PERFORMANCE injector vs OEM. Is this correct or what am I missing?
I'm a Finacial Planner so I could have missed something.

damork
03-07-2006, 20:33
I just passed the 145,00 mile mark on my truck's injectors but much credit goes to Stanadyne Performance Blue in every tank. It still starts right up down to 0F without being plugged in and mileage is still averaging 18.5 mpg. DSG gears was the biggest improvement at 160k miles, but I probably need to replace them before another winter.

Bnave95
03-09-2006, 16:43
I have been running JK High Flows now for some time.
With it comes to injector it's what nozzles are used. All are not the same so there's the flow issue.
Pop Settings. Are they all the same? Where they shimed right and bench tested?
When it come to addmizing(SP) the fuel with the right nozzle there will be some gain.
I more than gained 30hp, but look what it took,what I'v done to my Eng and it was all done at one time.

Turbine Doc
03-10-2006, 01:31
Got JK H/O injectors myself good product, but I'll add they did not come fully alive until I reflashed, if I were to do again I'd reflash 1st then, IC, then last piece of puzzle would be injectors, only caveat would be if mine were bad then I'd get the marine as the replacement, I would not replace if performance gain was only reason for the swap before doing the other stuff