PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 TD drop rpm. to idle speed??

poor boy
02-20-2006, 13:16
Chevy K2500 suburban 1995(vin S)I have brand new:motor,turbo,injectionpump,fuelpump,pmd+cooler and still have troubles.Engine drop rpm.to idle speed for few seconds all the time,1-30seconds normal drive,drop to idle,agen,agen and agen..no hesitate etc.just drop to idle.I all ready replace speed sensor buffer and wastegate solenoid(used but was working with other similar truck)troubles keep coming...drop to idle every few seconds.I check out trouble codes with jumpwire,still codes:16 and 78.What else can I do??Can anybody help me??I am desperate!!Do I need to buy Dodge or can I work this out?HELP?

Artworks
02-20-2006, 15:16
Check the oil pressure switch wireing to the lift pump in tank and lift pump, and there was a post about the filter sox in the tank plugged, could also be computer. I just new here too, but you will be getting lots of ideas from the knowledge that is here, good luck.

BUZZ
02-20-2006, 17:47
PB,
So you put her in gear, take off and while driving it simply goes to idle? You probably let up the fuel then give fuel again and it goes fine for a bit then same thing happens?
Buzz

Bnave95
02-21-2006, 03:32
Poor Boy
If and when was the last time you have taken every ground wire you can find,clean?
Do the battery upgrade using Dr Lee posts.
The elect. on these truck should be address first. I've not seen a code 16 on our years trucks. Really got me thinking :confused:
Code 78 can be a eazy fix,unless it's my truck tongue.gif Something in my truck would not allow the wastegate to work,bypass system and went with Turbo Master.
Spend some time reading the search.Lots of answers :D

JohnC
02-21-2006, 10:07
These trucks have a speed limiter built into the PCM. Perhaps the code 16 is causing the PCM to think it's over the limit???

Bnave95
02-22-2006, 03:24
I can remember when my crank sencer went south that there was no gov. control. You could over reve the tach.
Also the Eng. act like it had a mine of it's own.It would want to take off on it's own :eek:
This could be something to look into.