PDA

View Full Version : Pillar guage mount for 1990 Suburban?

darkroad
02-21-2006, 18:21
Anybody know a a pillar guage mount for a 1990 suburban? If not I guess I'll mount them on the dash. How about just the small seperate pod mounts that could be fiberglassed into an existing pillar?

Thanks

Darkroad

Subzilla
02-22-2006, 06:07
http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/interior/gauges_dashmounted.htm I did both of my vehicles per this link and it turned out really cool. I mounted a tach, pyrometer, and transmission temperature gauge and I'm very happy not having a separate gauge box sitting on the dash obstructing my view.

Yukon6.2
02-22-2006, 08:54
Hi
I wanted a piller mount for my truck and couldn't find anyone who makes them.I did get one from ebay,i have no idea what it was for and niether did the seller,i got it cheep complete with gauges,so i figered i would cut and glue it to work.
When i got it i found it to be made from thin plastic,so i got a OEM piller trim piece and started heating the plastic,and molding it to match the shape of the OEM piece.Worked really good smile.gif A little triming of extra plastic,and fabed up a couple of mounts to screw the pod to and now i have a triple piller mount for gauges.
One thing i noticed is it will take a while to get used to having some of the view obstructed,i'v been driving the old body style trucks since i got my license,so i have a lot of miles in these trucks since 1980.