PDA

View Full Version : I smell fuel !!!

whdavid
11-29-2005, 14:53
Got out of the truck after work and noticed a light fuel smell from under the hood.Got out the flashlight and started to look for the obvious.Saw nothing.Pulled the dipstick,no hint of fuel.

Is this the common precursor for the infamous LB7 injector problem? I really need to work the truck for the next week.Should I be scared to get left on the side of the road?

bcnqrgd
11-30-2005, 14:39
I had a similar problem last year. I was on a trip and smelled fuel, couldn't see where it was coming from but it later started to drip. Finally, after serching for the leak several times, it leaked enough to drip on the exhaust manifold and smoke. It was a high pressure line to the common rail. Tightened it one flat on the nut and haven't had a problem since...

whdavid
11-30-2005, 19:21
It seems to be coming from the driver's side of the engine.There's a small stain on the I.C tube near the PS reservoir,but it just looks and smells like PS fluid.

Would/should this be covered under warranty?

Inspector
11-30-2005, 20:38
You bet cha its covered.
Denny

precision37
12-02-2005, 11:55
Check the high pressure lines going in through the valve covers.
I had one weep a bit a couple of years ago and tightened it (the flat nut around the line)and no more leak. Run your finger around all of them and smell for diesel.

courtenay
02-17-2006, 12:12
Check your fuel rail on the end at the fire wall.They only leak under high pressure.

MIKE MOG
02-28-2006, 20:54
I had the same thing happen to me, It was a hot day and I stopped for fuel, got out of the truck and smelled raw fuel. Ipulled the hood and could not see any leaks. drove to the dealer and they put a no2 fuel injector init. not oder since then.
Mike