PDA

View Full Version : ECM Connector Problems?

Texas Bulldog
02-05-2006, 11:43
I had my first problem with a Duramax engiine and I am not sure what is going on. I have an 04 LLY 3500 CC 4x4 and it has about 56K on it. I have the Juice with attitude and was pulling my polaris Ranger to South Texas when I lost power and the check engine light came on. I was only able to go about 30mph until I could find a safe place to pull over. I called the local Chevrolet Dealer for a tow truck to be sent. I removed the aftermarket chip and on the biggest connection, I had a hard time seperating the 2 pieces but it finally released when I pulled it apart, it did not seperate smoothly when I opened it. I reconnected the stock parts and restarted the engine and it sounded the same, awfull. It sounded like it was running only on one side.
The dealer said it was a bad connection from the
ECM to the injectors and they cleaned the connection and cleared the codes and it was running fine. I picked it up and drove it about 40 miles and it did the same thing. Again I limped back to the dealership and they said they were going to have to replace all the pins in the connectors.
This is a very small Dealership and I would like to have some other opinions as to what is going on.
When I got the truck back it ran fine until the check engine light popped on again. All the gauges read normal.
They are saying the pins are not seating and making a good connection, and shutting down half the motor.
Will replacing the pins fix the problem, What else could it be?
I change my fuel filter every 10K and had just refueled about 60 miles prior to the problem.
Thanks for you help in advance.

madmatt
02-06-2006, 03:14
I'd say your ready for some new connectors on your #2 and #7 injectors. What codes were set?

Texas Bulldog
02-12-2006, 07:14
I am not sure of all the codes set, it looked like most of the injectors were on the list. Latest update from the Dealer is it will be the middle of March before they get either pins and connectors or new wiring harness to fix it. I have already ordered an '06 LBZ. Chevrolet was supposed to return a call telling me what assistance they are going to give me with the repairs, but nothing from them yet.
I drove the '06 and it has lots and lots of power, I ordered a 3500 SRW 4SA SLT GMC with a sunroof in Stealth Gray, it will probably be in not long after the parts arrive to fix my '04 LLY. This will be the 3rd Duramax and I hope it is as good as my '02 was.
Thanks for letting me vent.
TB