PDA

View Full Version : Oily junk seeping out the EGR

Buck
02-12-2006, 15:50
I have an '05 LLY. When I changed my fuel filter today and had the inner fender liner out. I noticed a fair amount of oil on the tin shield covering the motor mounts. I traced it up to the EGR system! Sure enough there is drip on the under side of it. I noticed there is also the same oily crap seeping around the intercooler hose on the passenger side(which was tight BTW)
I have had the EGR unpluged since 250 miles on the clock. I now have 24700 miles.
Is the whole intercooler filled with this crap? What is the best way to deal with this?

Buck
02-12-2006, 18:10
Well from what I read here www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/duramax_LLY_emissions.htm (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/duramax_LLY_emissions.htm) everything seems "normal" :eek: .

Isn't there a way to vent the crankcase like the LB7 was? Perhaps trap the blowby in a container.

Say you've got over 100K-150K miles worth of oily crap in your intake system. Wouldn't that cause you truck to run hot or overheat because of inefficiency..... :confused:

SoTxPollock
02-13-2006, 10:02
If it was all thorughout the intercooler It may not cause the truck to run hot, but sure would drop the cooling effeciency of the air charge going into the engine and thus the performance.
Sounds bad, hope its not.