PDA

View Full Version : lb7 with predator programmer

colin
02-14-2006, 11:02
Hi yall,
1st post so bear with me. I have an 04 lb7 with kn intake and stock exhaust. Just purchased a d/s predator and installed the 40 hp tune. Love the extra power but notice the engine runs hotter (210 degrees). No guages at the moment. Should I be concerned? I don't tow...just my daily driver. any help would be appreciated.

Mark Rinker
02-14-2006, 11:30
Most on here would tell you that installing EGT and boost gauges are a good idea before adding more fuel. Without them, everyone is guessing at the health of your engine. The increased water temps are an indicator.

www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com) sells an adjustable boost controller that you can use to increase boost air to more effieciently burn the extra fuel you now have on tap. That will create more power AND decrease EGTs and, in turn, water temps.

Gauges, boost control, and a free flowing exhaust (i.e. no cat if you can get away with it in your state) will add peace of mind and even MORE POWER.

colin
02-15-2006, 20:10
thanks for the input Mark. I figured on getting guages...just seeing if I could get away with it on the lowest power setting...i'll just have to give in and buy some guages for the peace of mind. thanks again for the reply.