PDA

View Full Version : Continuing 2003 DA problem

xler8ion
02-15-2006, 09:44
I have an '03 and have had the surging problem on three separate occassions. The surge at idle is not consistent and at times is severe. Within the last year I have had the injectors replaced, the reg replaced, one of the new injectors replaced, the fuel filter replaced more than once. Each time the problem is cured for a while and then returns. The problem has now returned again and its going back in and yesterday it coded. I had a shop scan it with me watching as the dealer cannot get it in for a week and it came up with P0308 Cyl #8 misfire. #8 injector is at .9-1.0 ms while the others are .5-.6 at idle. Off idle and through the remainder of the range all inj are even. The actual reg pressure at idle is jumping around from a low of 430 to a high of 612 at idle-these are the extremes. It also has developed excessive fumes from the passenger side front near the wheel well. Its going back in but I am sick of this problem returning...any thoughts?????

More Power
02-15-2006, 11:20
Injector solenoid terminals, FICM harness, FICM...

Jim

xler8ion
02-15-2006, 12:51
Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on your suggestion aboubt the FICM,harness, etc. Why would the single injector be so different at idle from the others yet not show any anomolies at any other throttle setting if it was the harness or faulty FICM and I want to be sure they check for your suggested prob when I go in.