PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control speed fluctuations

Mark Rinker
02-18-2006, 07:06
Noticed yesterday (towing) that cruise doesn't hold speed consistantly on flat ground. Settings above 70mph seem to hold for a minute and then reduce 2-3 mph. In a few instances, the speed would reduce, then recover to the original setting.

It was very, very cold (-11F), could this be a factor?

MaxACL
02-20-2006, 11:25
Mark,

My cruise never has done a good job but like many other little gripes... I have a ZF-6 and the whistles and bells are made for the Allison. When I pass someone and pull back in front of them I know the cruise will slow down to 3 or 4 or 5 mph below the original setting before it accelerates back to where it's suppose to be. I work around this and use my foot instead.

What kind of hauling do you do?

Mike

DJewell
02-28-2006, 23:04
Thought I already replied to this, but I don't see it now. My cruise seems to work very well and holds a good constant speed where ever I set it. Towing too.

Mark Rinker
03-01-2006, 06:49
I definately notice it more when towing, but its there unloaded as well.

We tow 25' 15KGVW trailers. Mostly industrial products like steel, pipe, preformed concrete, waste trap tanks, copper and galvanized siding, etc.

kerryw
03-01-2006, 21:31
my cruise holds steady towing or not on my 2002 ,best cruise i have ever used only problem dont use in winter on ice. Was tired at night decided to use it hit ice not fun ,took a lot of digging to get me out of ditch.