PDA

View Full Version : Edge EGT probe re-install issue.

siggy
02-18-2006, 15:04
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can advise. I pulled Juice/Attitude off a few months back. Just ran the truck through the dealer for those little recall items and now putting the Juice back on. Only problem is that the EGT probe now does not want to drop down into the tapped fitting on the manifold. I'm lacking about one inch before I can catch the threads with the cap nut. Is it just carbon build up? Don't want to break something trying to force the issue.

carco
02-18-2006, 17:55
Do not know, mine has been out for two weeks, due to trip to dealer and will be reinstalled next week if time permits. If problems I will let you know the solution. bob..........

siggy
02-19-2006, 21:16
Well, I found my little Makita right angle cordless drill, so I ran a #12 wire gauge bit in the fitting and was then able to get the probe back in place. The drill bit removed something, not sure what it was...

Dacus
02-20-2006, 04:51
Quick question: What are you plugging the hole with when you have the EGT probe removed?

carco
02-20-2006, 17:42
Reinstalled mine Sunday, had to go to shop for a customer, so stayed a few minutes and reinstalled Edge and BS. Nothing in exh to prevent probe reinstall.

Dacus, I used a pipe plug w/ allen socket head, lower profile, harder for dealer to notice. Could use any pipe plug brass or steel, hex, square, allen or torx drives. I believe size is 1/8 NPT. bob.............

DmaxMaverick
02-21-2006, 10:04
If you plug the hole, it will soot up if ran enough. A real nice trick I've used for glow plug holes should work nice for the TC hole. Get a gun bore brush of the right size and brush out the hole. A .30 cal. is just about right for 6.2/6.5 GP's. I've used both phosphor/bronze and SS. The SS was more durable, but didn't do any better job. If you have room, you can also use a drill with the brush to speed things up. Gun cleaning solvent is also very effective for disolving the soot if it's real bad. You could also use #2. Careful using an oversized brush. If too large, the bristles will break off, and most likely end up inside the manifold (and through the turbine). The P/B brush would be better in this case. A nylon brush would probably work, but would take more time/effort.