PDA

View Full Version : Using Tow Haul, solo?

J&EINPA
02-19-2006, 16:51
Do you think it is a poor technique to tap the tow haul button, when driving solo, as a means of slowing down? It kind of acts as an exhaust brake and saves a little on the service brake. I just don't know if it is not a good idea and might cause some premature wear on the system.

Kennedy
02-20-2006, 07:19
You should be fine doing this. I do it myself some times, especially if I make a speed run. Saves on the brakes!

copperhead
02-22-2006, 09:49
I do this as well, for fun mostly, is sounds nice. I don't know that I would be too worried about servicing the brakes, I have 88k on a 2003 and I'm not sure if the pads or rotors will ever wear out!

Mark Rinker
02-24-2006, 16:20
I think the shiftpoints and firmness are better with tow/haul on, even when empty. Maybe its my imagination. I have often thought it would be cool to customize the dash indicator to read "TOW/HAUL A$$" ...

More Power
02-25-2006, 20:50
I agree with the above... It's great at the track - slowing from 110 plus is much better with T/H..:D It would be tough making the first exit off the 1/4-mile track without it...

The wife doesn't like T/H.... She always asks, "what's wrong with the truck?"..:rolleyes:

Jim

Kennedy
02-26-2006, 08:06
We are just getting into tuning the Allison TCM with EFI Live. Should be an interesting year!