PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake

MikeyB
02-14-2006, 09:53
I have a 2001 2500HD. Went to the dealer to get the new fuel filter installed on the recall and asked them to adjust the parking brake as well. It will not hold on inclines. They said 4 hours of labor to adjust at a shop rate of $78 an hour. I said thanks, but no thanks. Are these really that hard to adjust? My wife has a '01 Yukon and I had hers adjusted (same problem) and they did it no sweat. The service writer said this system has its own shoes etc. and the whole braking system had to be dismantled just to adjust these things on the 2500 HD.

Regards,
Mike

Rick Henderson
02-15-2006, 08:42
Mike,
I had to get into mine since I had a rear seal leaking on the pass. side. That is why mine would not hold on inclines. Fluid on the shoes is not good. I replaced the seal about 6 months ago.
Now the seal is leaking again. Did you check to see if there is any fluid on the backing plates. Easy to see with a flashlight.
Rick

precision37
02-15-2006, 12:50
There is a recall on the parking brakes on the early trucks. Mine were done last August. The slip says "campaign 05042" as a reference. Ask the dealer to look it up and see if it applies to your truck. Maybe only trucks with manual trans.