PDA

View Full Version : Remote entry pendant

FJ40INTOW
02-14-2006, 21:02
My #1 remote entry pendant works great on locking the doors but acts very wierd on the unlock. Most of the times I can mash it and won't open at all, othertimes if I keep mashing it it will finally open it. Here is where it gets weird...if I wash the truck it will open fine even at a distant!
I have changed the battery so I know that isn't it. The lock function will work at adecent distant. My #2 pendant works fine. What really irks me is that my wife drives the truck and uses pendant #2, I go to drive afterwards and my #1 won't unlock the door so I use the key. I start truck and get mashed into the steering wheel.

Has anyone else had weird problems like this?

madmatt
02-15-2006, 06:18
sounds like your #1 fob is junk. I'd say the washing thing is just a coincedence. The receiver is in your dash.

FJ40INTOW
02-15-2006, 06:51
Thanks for the reply...
I will agree with you about the fob being junk. The washing wierdness is repeatable. Maybe is is effected with barometric pressure? I usually try to get truck washed when the is weather is nice.

FJ40INTOW
02-16-2006, 11:48
I got tired of the fob problems. Bought a new one from dealer for $33 + tax. Programmed both remotes and all is well. Seat and radio presets are working as before.