PDA

View Full Version : body side moulding warranty ???

carco
02-18-2006, 18:23
My side moulding trim strips are showing bumps or mounting hardware patterns on the surface. A friend said that dealers are replaceing the body mouldings free if one asks or complains. GM supposed to have had bad mounting hardware design? Anyone know of this?? If so, anyone have a bulletin number? TIA. bob...........

kylant
02-20-2006, 08:35
I'm pretty sure the side moouldings on the doors are just stuck on with 2 sided tape. At least on my 2000 and 2002 trucks they were. I don't think they have changes, I could be wrong though smile.gif

madmatt
02-20-2006, 10:01
the new ones have been changed. There was a sticker on the backs of the old ones and when they dried up they shrank and caused the bulging. They are cover but will have to be painted to match.

carco
02-20-2006, 17:48
Thanks Madmatt. bob...............

SC Duck Hunter
02-27-2006, 13:38
Yes, there are problems with the side body moldings and yes, the dealer will replace them. We had this problem on my wife's 04 Tahoe, LT (silver birch metallic). First the paint started flaking off the side moldings and the hardware tabs were showing through (looked like bumps on the molding). The dealer replaced them all around the truck once when the truck was 8 months old with about 15,000 miles on it. The paint started flaking off again on the new trim about 6 months ago and the dealer replaced them all again. No problems since. They said that Chevrolet was having problems with the paint adhearing to the moldings on the LT's and also with the push tabs showing through and had been replacing alot of them.