PDA

View Full Version : Juiced an '05

TJ
01-28-2006, 16:43
I just installed a Juice/Attitude on an 05 LLY. The truck responded well to the upgrade and runs excellent. The boost runs about 21psi. Thus far, we have no codes and the injector balance rates are in check! Next step...AFE Stage 2.

TJ

JD_Diesel
01-29-2006, 07:28
I have seen boost as high as 32psi with the boost stick added. Truck seems to like it OK. It seems to have increased performance quite well in every day driving and towing as well. Smile facter :D :D :D :D :D . No power adders added as of yet. Getting ready to order the Diablo here soon. Do get what is called turbo bark every now and then but JK said to take it in and have GM do an update for intake pop. Oh yeah take boost stick off before going in. :D JD

Tough Guy
01-29-2006, 13:40
I have three friends with 05 LLY's and all have the Diablo Predator....My LB7 friends mostly have the Juice/Attitude.

I think the Edge is a sweet set-up because of the features, and install is a breeze.

I will soon be installing a boost stick on one of the 05 LLY's.

Chris

Buck
02-05-2006, 09:50
TJ
I wouldn't waste your money on the AFE kit(s) as it does very little unless you are running BIG power. I have seen a few LLY's with them and I had one on my '01 Dmax. A Foam filter (UNI) will be the best bang for the $$$. Although, the factory paper filters the dirt the best. With the LLY turbo you can electronically command boost (EFILive and Boost stick)unlike the LB7 motors. I have the factory paper still. I did do Kennedy's air box mod. It is on his website under "tech tips". www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com)
I may go to the Uni air filter sometime if the GMT 900s look like the Tahoes/Subs. There side body lines look really sissy. I like the front look but not the sloping hood :rolleyes:

TJ
02-06-2006, 09:28
Buck,
I think air flow in and out is extremely important. I use the Stage 2 on my dad's mod'd 03 Cummins and would have nothing different. The one I purchased for my 6.5L, now, that's a different story. I do believe their kit with the Proguard 7 is about the best you can get....

TJ

Maxed
02-18-2006, 17:21
Folks - I traded my 02 in on an 06 (had to have the six-speed!) and have a juice/attitude with pyro probe (already had one hooked to a Ispro guage) that I'll let go for a reasonalbe price. I recieved it in Aug 05 (shipping papers to prove what I say - was running the Juice by itself before then) so it's very new. If $500 sounds reasonable, give me a call (478)3354394 (Georgia). If not, let's talk as I sure hate to see it go to waste.

By the way - the 06 is a totally different truck and I can't imagine what JK has in store for it. Great power right out of the box!

Mark Craig
02-24-2006, 13:16
TJ,

You are correct, the flow rate of air is the key to lower EGT's and complete combustion, which means you got all your moneys worth (BTU's) out of the fuel burned. DO NOT buy an intake for HP, buy it for flow and EGT reduction. If you add fuel you need air, no two ways around that to get good combustion.
I am a big beleiver in the PG7, stops the dirt within 1/2 of 1% as well as a paper filter but still flows the air. Stay away from the 4 layer filters on a diesel, too much dirt intrusion. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

TJ
02-25-2006, 00:18
Mark,
My thoughts exactly!