PDA

View Full Version : Sealing Boost Sensor

bkelley112
02-23-2006, 21:11
When installing the boost sensor what should I seal the threads with? I have an adapter that mounts in place the of blue hose that I can thread the sensor into.

Thanks for the help.

More Power
02-23-2006, 21:47
I use the GM Teflon paste sealant (it's like pipe thread sealant). There are a number of aftermarket alternatives that'll do fine.

Jim

bkelley112
02-24-2006, 07:09
I ended up buying some teflon enriched pipe sealant but I didn't noticed the temperature limitations on it. Its good from -40 to 125F and I am sure those can be exceeded. Atleast the 125F where I live.

Thanks for the help Jim.

More Power
02-24-2006, 11:52
I've also used silicone gasket sealant to seal bolt threads, but the downside is that chunks of excess hardened sealant that oozes out of the joint could find it's way into the cooling system or oil passages (or wherever it's used). Excess Teflon paste will more or less dissolve into whatever system it's in.

Fel-Pro produces what they call "Gray Bolt Prep", which is a suitable substitute for GM's Teflon based paste.

Jim

bkelley112
02-24-2006, 19:52
I was installing the sensor for turbo boost pressure. I just want to make sure that whatever I use won't hurt anything if it does fall inside the intake.

Brian