PDA

View Full Version : FS: 85 M1008 w/Banks Parts

BARRAZA
02-24-2006, 11:46
I ran this ad last may and had several responses but didn't sell it because a neighbor wanted it. Turns out the neighbor was a flake and after months ( 8!! ) of promises to come by and pay, he backed out. Then I investigated putting the engine in my 72k10, but I have too many projects and just dont have the time. If you are interested, make a reasonable offer. I would prefer to sell just the engine/trans/ and transfer case because I might be able to use some of the other parts, but I am flexible. I will not part it out until the engine is sold because I want the buyer to know this isnt junk and drives fine. I am in owens cross roads,al zip 35763. About 200 miles from atlanta,knoxville or memphis. Reply here or to louis.barraza "at" ets.exel.com

Great running 6.2 installed in m1008 military 5/4 ton truck. When I got it, I put on new injection pump, batteries, glow plugs and starter, also had injectors cleaned. Installed dash gauges with new senders, glowplug relay, new fluids/belts/hoses, and u-joints. It is swapped from 24 volt to 12volt. It runs and drives great, has good compression, transmission and transfer case work fine. Starts instantly - hot or cold. Doesn't leak a drop of oil or water.

Also have a used Banks turbo setup. It's missing the exhaust crossover,rubber intake hoses and clamps. Has a holset hx35 wastegated turbo instead of the banks unit.

If you can figure out how to register it, it would make a good work truck or use the engine and trans in something else.
Paperwork in truck indicated service at 50,xxx miles so I think it really has less than 60k. Transfer case has rebuilt tag on it. Axles swapped for 12 bolt/dana44 set with 3.08 gear. Guy I got it from told me he had paperwork to register it but turns out his "paperwork" was a gov't bill of sale stating it was scrap. I have gone rounds with government but no legal way to register because no title. I came up with a way to get a tag, and drove it for a while but decided it wasn't worth the risk, so now it stays on the farm.

I would like to get $1200 for the engine/trans/transfer case. The pump,starter, and glowplugs came to about $600 and they're less than 1000miles old. $1600 total with the banks parts. I will pull it and meet you within reasonable distance.

Or for $2000, drive it home. Has lots of other good parts like the huge military radiator, hydroboost brakes, new batteries, and good axles. And of course the cool military stuff like m16 racks behind the seats, blackout lighting, jumpstart connector in grill, swiveling pintle hook bumper, and troop seating in the bed. It is of course od green and not much to look at, has a few minor dents and one spot of rust in pass. lower cab corner.

I'm not really interested in parting all the small stuff out yet. I'd like to keep it drivable so the buyer can see everything works. [Smile]

83Blzr62
02-24-2006, 18:02
Will you be willing to sell just the turbo and ship it to 85204?

BARRAZA
02-25-2006, 20:58
Are you interested in just the turbo or all the banks parts?

Truck
02-25-2006, 22:18
I might be interested in all the banks turbo stuff as well. Send me a list of what you have and what you think is missing. And what you want for it all. Any ideas where to get crossover pipe?
New to turbos, but I think my CUCV (M1031) could use the extra umph..

email: truck0590 at yahoo.com

Truck

83Blzr62
02-27-2006, 00:10
If they don't want it, I would like to know more about your turbo also.
Thanks,
kyle

BARRAZA
02-27-2006, 16:58
blazer6.2 and truck
I am not going to sell the turbo or part out the truck until after the engine sells. I guess I could have been a little more clear, my first desire is to sell the engine/trans/transfer case or secondly the whole truck. If a buyer wants the engine or whole truck but not the turbo, I will put you at the top of the list for the turbo parts.

Lightyear
02-28-2006, 07:13
Hey, Barraza - I just dropped my 'Burb off last night for diagnostics. If the report comes back bad, I might be interested. Sell if you get a good buyer, but I'll keep you posted all the same. Thanks for the info.
Buzz

BARRAZA
03-19-2006, 13:36
Still For Sale