PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing in Albany, GA

BMDMAX
02-24-2006, 23:52
I just rolled into Albany, GA for the 1/8th mile Outlaw diesel race. It should be an interesting weekend if the weather holds out for us.

There are several 800 plus horsepower trucks shooting it out and we have a few EFILive tricks that we hope to see some gains at the track with.

The KD Performance tune on the LLY sure is a dream to tow with. We got a late start out of Atlanta and traffic was moving pretty good heading South on I-75. Crusing effortlessly at 80 and we still got 11MPG with the LB7 sailboat hanging out there in the windstream.

Stay tuned for progress reports! :D

Kennedy
02-25-2006, 08:20
Let's see some TIGHT 60' times!!!

More Power
02-26-2006, 14:38
It's really amazing how important 60' times are... Shaving a few tenths off the 60' times is one of the best ways to improve ET's. Gotta launch hard!....:)

Jim

Kennedy
02-27-2006, 08:51
Well, the weekend turned out to be a mess. Brandon could elaborate, but basically Saturday's rain became Sunday's packed track. Frome there it sounds like it made the Rocky Mtn running of WOTE look well organized...

I'll have some more changes available soon for him to test!

SoTxPollock
02-27-2006, 16:33
Brandon, sorry to hear about the rain, course you already know 60' times are critical to a great run. Looking forward to hearing more.

BMDMAX
02-27-2006, 20:46
Well, I finally made it to the hotel here in "scenic" Eaton Town New Jersey. At least that's where I think I am at this point! :D From drag racing on Sunday to a mad dash back to Atlanta late Sunday night to an early up n' out to 19 degree weather for Monday morning!

Anyway, we had some neat tricks lined up to try but a rain out followed by a packed track rain day on Sunday made for challenging conditions. I only got two dial-in passes on a greasy track so no opportunity to establish a solid baseline, much less measure any deltas from our tuning changes.

I ran 7.8's though at this 1/8 mile track, which was decent all things considered. I went out on the bracket class loosing by one one-thousandth of a second. I ran down a two second plus spot in the 1/8th and lost it by a fraction at the traps. Pretty frustrating as a two second spot in the 1/8th felt like an eternity at the tree.

I am pretty excited about our prospects with EFI and what JK has been developing so look forward to a solid day of TnT at the 1/4 mile track!

SoTxPollock
03-02-2006, 12:14
AW---MANNNNNN one thousands of a second. Thats too bad. I've won by that exact number before and I really couldn't tell who had won and the other car was on my side, it's just so close that no one can say who won except the electronics. I didn't know until the light. Thats when I deceided to never ever race on the street again. Had it not been for the lights it would have been a rerun and when you're that close it could go either way anytime. So next time might be your time. Good Luck in the future.

Kennedy
03-08-2006, 08:01
Hoping to get Bradon's trucks to the track this weekend for some real test n tune!