PDA

View Full Version : IP Fuse location?>

BigRoryG
02-25-2006, 15:17
So I think my IP fuse has blown... when I open the air bleed and crank, lots of fuel comes out, but the engine doesn't turn over at all.

I was starting it kinda cold (which I have done a number of times with no problems) and revved it up as I usually do and it just died.

I can't seem to find whatever fuse or connection would have blown though. It's definitely not in the driver compartment fuse box.

Anyone?

Hubert
02-25-2006, 16:10
There is another fuse block under the hood on drivers side fender. The plastic cover pops off and there is a diagram on underside of cover.

Now would be a good time to make sure battery cables are clean and tight, check grounds, and passenger side positive battery double connection is clean between the two wires too.

autocrosser
02-25-2006, 16:27
I have had the aux PCM fuse to fail several times over the years. You might want to check that. It seems to blow again when I replace it with the right size fuse so I up is some and it goes. I change it back after awhile and it seems to run fine for a year or so. I have a reprogramed PCM in it which isn't the original so the cause is external to that. I've heard of others having the same problem.

BigRoryG
02-26-2006, 11:07
OKay, so no fuses are blown....

I'll try the battery connections, as that's always a good bet, but it seemed to be cranking fine....

BigRoryG
02-26-2006, 11:23
Well, the batteries are fine. I mean it cranks like it wants to go, but it really seems like no fuel is being injected into the cylinders.

I do have a HEath PMD remount... what would a failure of that be like? I know that when it is unplugged that's what it looks like.

Unfortunately, I can't get the plug back into the OEM controller, and I've no broken one of the pins (fatigued it right off), so I will have to go get another one of those.

Any other thoughts?

JohnC
02-26-2006, 12:24
Greasel SVO conversion. Any other thoughts?

Greasel SVO conversion.

Gelled fuel?

BigRoryG
02-26-2006, 16:52
I wish it were gelled fuel.. I could deal with that.

No, the diesel in the stock tank flows fine. I treat it with power service and when I opened up the air bleed, it flowed like wine... it's just not being injected into the cylinder... It's almost got to be an electrical problem...

JohnC
02-27-2006, 11:36
Any chance there's a slug of grease in the injection pump?

rjwest
02-27-2006, 11:43
See if the fuel shut off solenoid , clicks, clunks
when ign on/off

StephenA
02-27-2006, 19:12
I'm posting on this thread only so that I can receive emails when someone adds to it. Is there any other way to receive email notifications on threads without posting?

kamiller
02-28-2006, 11:43
I am having a similar problem. My brothers 95 2500 would die sometimes and be great other times. No codes, new feed pump, heath remote pmd. It would never act up long enough to troubleshoot. Even had his father in law(works in parts dept at chevy dealer) drive it for a month and have his buddies tinker with it. Its been doing this for about 6 months. He goes to start it saturday....no fire, fuel to pump, good batteries, clean connections, no smoke out of tail pipe. No codes. Any suggestions?

JohnC
02-28-2006, 12:49
Is there any other way to receive email notifications on threads without posting?

Top of page -> "Thread Tools"

BigRoryG
03-01-2006, 19:27
apparently it's actually the whole pump.

Classic.

I hope the GM engineers who decided this engine needed electronic injection rot in hell.

BobND
03-01-2006, 19:43
[QUOTE=I hope the GM engineers who decided this engine needed electronic injection rot in hell.[/QUOTE]

In reality, I think it would be the EPA folks that caused that engine to have an electronic pump.

It sure sounds like an ignition switch or wiring problem. Can you hear (or feel) the fuel shutoff solenoid "click" when the key is turned on? That would show that at least PART of the electronic fuel system is powering up.

Perhaps like would like to trade it for my customer's 1999 PowerChoke that blows the computer fuse once or twice a year, for no apparent reason!